Jump to content

Starting Full Time ADN program

Posted

I just got accepted into the full time ADN program at my school for Fall 2020. They have a long waitlist. I completed all my pre-reqs in December of 2018 & had been waiting ever since. Any advice, hints, etc?

clamchopz, ASN

Specializes in New Grad- Emergency Room.

CONGRATS! Can you obtain a syllabus to get some reading ahead of time? Youtube Videos really helped me visualize a lot of procedures and concepts that I didn't understand.

6 hours ago, clamchopz said:

CONGRATS! Can you obtain a syllabus to get some reading ahead of time? Youtube Videos really helped me visualize a lot of procedures and concepts that I didn't understand.

Thank you for responding. As of right now, I don’t have anything available to look at as far as a syllabus. Maybe after our orientation I’m thinking. I’m excited. I have been practicing NCLEX style questions and reviewing information since I finished my pre-reqs.

clamchopz, ASN

Specializes in New Grad- Emergency Room.

19 hours ago, Futurenursetobe18 said:

Thank you for responding. As of right now, I don’t have anything available to look at as far as a syllabus. Maybe after our orientation I’m thinking. I’m excited. I have been practicing NCLEX style questions and reviewing information since I finished my pre-reqs.

Do you know anyone who has an old syllabus? Maybe they can pass on some knowledge/tips and some reading ahead of time? Maybe you should start with the basics of fundamentals... like the first few chapters.

14 hours ago, clamchopz said:

Do you know anyone who has an old syllabus? Maybe they can pass on some knowledge/tips and some reading ahead of time? Maybe you should start with the basics of fundamentals... like the first few chapters.

That would be nice. I don’t know of anyone who recently graduated from the same school. Thank you for the tips!