ATI TEST

Nursing Students General Students

Published

does anyone have any recomendations about the ATI proctored exam?

I took it 2 days ago and recommend buying an ATI study book and review the 4 sections. I took the test on the computer. A big part is understanding the format before you take the test. It is enough to work through the material and not have to worry about navigating the software. The study book provides the format (i.e. number of questions, time allotted, etc.) It is a multiple guess test and there is a built in calculator with the square root function. You will also need to have your ATI login name and password in order to take the test. Once you complete the test you will receive your score. I've been out of school for some time now and the only issue I had was with the science section (aka A&P). The last time I took a science class was about 32 years ago.

Which ATI test do you mean?

I took the ATI TEAS

I just took the TEAS on friday, I recommend NOT buying the Kaplan TEAS book, many answers were wrong (which I ignored on Amazon reviews but it was true) try mometrix as they have many online resources as well. Allow at least one month for studying if you are unprepared. For reading it's pretty basic, english same. Math you must know algebra, geometry there were a lot of fraction questions, for science you MUST have taken a&p and learned ALL the systems, (1 & 2) and you also need to know basic chemistry. Also, practice your timing, I say take a practice (full-length) exam at least twice.

Generally, when people talk about ATI proctored exams, they mean a series of tests that cover various content to prepare you for the NCLEX and help predict your success there. Many programs require certain scores on ATI exams in order to proceed through the program and eventually sit for the NCLEX. There are some similarities to the TEAS in that they are standardized tests offered by ATI, but without knowing what the OP is actually asking for information about, it's hard to offer relevant advice. :)

In general, though, for any tests offered by ATI, study the material, take the practice tests, complete the remediation work, get a good night's sleep, eat a healthy breakfast, take your time, and do your best!

I will say that the ATI Fundamentals test I'm working on right now has a bunch of SATA questions and prioritizing. For most multiple choice questions, all four answers are correct, but one of the priority or the most correct. It covers a lot, but it's only 60 questions, so you have to make sure you don't miss too many. I took the two practice tests and did about two hours of remediating, so I plan to go in to do the proctored one later this week and get 'er done! This is the first semester my school is have second-semester students do ATI Fundamentals, so we don't need to have a minimum score; this is to help students and faculty see what areas we may be struggling with or that may be overlooked in our theory courses.

+ Add a Comment