Canceled Contract

Specialties Travel

Published

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated: I have been waiting to start an assignment in Oakland,CA for over a month because they said they were okay with me not being available on Tuesdays and that is necessary for me. Tuesdays off were written into my contract; they were also discussed and approved in my interview. Two days before my first day I got an email with orientation directions stating they would be Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I immediately notified my company that the schedule states I should be there Tuesday and I am not available and I tried to work out an alternative arrangement. They did not respond to my request for an alternative arrangement and told my company it was non negotiable. I showed up late Tuesday to see if someone could go over the paperwork I missed and they told me I cannot work because Tuesdays are the only day they do this. I'm betting it would take less than an hour to go over the stuff I missed but instead they want to be down an entire nurse and all the staff and patients will suffer because they were expecting me. I've just moved 3000k miles and paid rent. I was transparent about this-This is a nightmare. I feel that this is a breech of contract and if they are allowed to do this with no consequences, what is a contract worth anyway?

Specializes in Psych.

It could very well be a decision made by a low rank bureaucrat. I would try to speak to the Manager or DON . They should be able to see the big picture. Hopefully. If you get no honorable recourse I'd like to know the name of that facility and department for my own DO NOT CONSIDER caveat. Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Specializes in oncology, MS/tele/stepdown.

Any luck getting another gig?

Specializes in Mother Infant Child Care.

not yet :( I hate waiting around!

Specializes in Mother Infant Child Care.

I hope so too! Thank you so much! I was thinking of showing up and asking if there was anything that can be done. If they turn me away again, good riddance!

+ Add a Comment