Question about BSN/MSN options

Nurses General Nursing

Published

So I have my ADN, and I just started, but I am looking at working for a couple different hospitals here in my city and I know of a couple that will pay for education beyond ADN. My two primary options are of course RN-BSN or RN-MSN.

One of the hospitals/school systems offers an RN to MSN in 3 different specialties, MSN Executive, MSN Education, and MSN Nursing Informatics. I have kind of rules the first two out, but I an looking for more information about Nursing Informatics. Does anyone have any information in terms of difficulty of course as compared to say an Masters - NP. Is it more computer and math based? I have done some research online, googling a lot of websites and reading about it, but I would like to hear from someone that has maybe done it before in terms of what to expect and more of what the day to day job consists of. Also of course I would be interested in an approximate range of pay (although I do know this differs upon your location).

Please feel free to comment with any experience in Informatics, suggestions etc. Or you also may PM me if you would like. Thanks.

I would highly recommend that you gain experience first and maybe ask your nurse informaticist if you can help her with a few projects. I would hate your you to spend money and time without knowing if yu like the field.

+ Add a Comment