Should I have started earlier?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

So I was supposed to start work this past Monday, but due to a inconclusive urine drug test (from being treated with a bladder infection), my start date had to be postponed. I retook my test today, passed, and was asked to come into work tomorrow morning. However, they called me in the evening time, and I would have had to be in in the early morning. If I had passed my drug test the first time, I was scheduled to work tomorrow morning anyway. However, since that didn't happen, I asked them if I can start on Friday due to the short notice of being notified late in the day. Am I in the wrong of asking to be given an extra day to prep for my new job? I just felt that a few hours was not enough time to get ready since they postponed my original start date from this past Monday.

So I was supposed to start work this past Monday, but due to a inconclusive urine drug test (from being treated with a bladder infection), my start date had to be postponed. I retook my test today, passed, and was asked to come into work tomorrow morning. However, they called me in the evening time, and I would have had to be in in the early morning. If I had passed my drug test the first time, I was scheduled to work tomorrow morning anyway. However, since that didn't happen, I asked them if I can start on Friday due to the short notice of being notified late in the day. Am I in the wrong of asking to be given an extra day to prep for my new job? I just felt that a few hours was not enough time to get ready since they postponed my original start date from this past Monday.

Did you know when you were going to be retested? If so, it might have been a good idea to be ready to go to work immediately afterward if that was the only hold up. You already asked for an extra day, though ...so what did they say?

Did you know when you were going to be retested? If so, it might have been a good idea to be ready to go to work immediately afterward if that was the only hold up. You already asked for an extra day, though ...so what did they say?

I had no idea I would be retested. They told me I had 24 hours to retest. They were okay with waiting a day, but I don't know if I was in the wrong.

I had no idea I would be retested. They told me I had 24 hours to retest. They were okay with waiting a day, but I don't know if I was in the wrong.

If they were OK with it, then I wouldn't worry.

+ Add a Comment