Observed urines? Freaking Out.

Nurses Recovery

Published

1. Outside of the beginning, have you ever had to give an observed urine?

• Yes, it was random.
      Yes, it was after a dilute.
    • Yes, it was after a non-negative.
    • No, I never have had a routine observed.
    • My program requires all urines to be observed.

16 members have participated

I'm honestly freaking out. Today I got selected for a urine that is observed. My program has never done an observed urine in the almost 2 years I've been in. I had one observed urine at the very start, since them, zero until today. On Friday, I gave a routine urine. My pee looked unusually pale that day for me, since I intentionally run dry just for this program. The only thing I did differently was have an extra cup of coffee before testing. That being said, although it was pale, it was still yellow.

I'm freaking because in my contract, the only time they talk about observed urine is after a positive. There is no way I am truthfully positive. Just zero way. My program takes 3 weeks to post results even on negatives, so obviously my Friday result is not posted yet. I try NEVER to bother my case manager, but because I am so highly flippling out, I did leave her a voice mail and send a trek mail asking if it was random or if there was a problem. The voicemail hasn't been returned and the trek mail hasn't been opened yet.

So, I guess what I'm asking is, in people whose programs do NOT do routine observed regular urines, have you ever been called for an observed? Like, after say a dilute or a positive? Or, have you ever been randomly selected for an observed urine where nothing else is going on? I'm praying to God this is just a random observed to keep me on my toes. When have you had to give observed urine?

I know that statistically speaking, false positives are rare, but now I'm flipping out because if it were positive, I would literally have no clue what for. I don't use beauty products outside of deodorant, my hand sanitizer is alcohol free at work, I avoid anything that is known to have alcohol, including soy sauce or vanilla extract, etc. I'm very anal.

I feel like vomiting and I'm losing my mind. Help!

I wouldn't freak out too much. They did increase the amount of different screenings they're doing. I got picked for a UDS, 7 days later a blood test, 7 days later a hair test. All negative. They're probably just getting money collected for their yearly office party.

You probably had a dilute result I had to do a couple of observed urine screens for dilute urines. I'm so paranoid of going through that again! On the days I get selected to test, I don't drink anything, especially caffeinated drinks, for several hours prior to testing.

Eris, let us know when you hear back from anyone, or at least when the results come back!

+ Add a Comment