Lack of Pharmacology Info

Nursing Students General Students

Published

I understand how gravely important pharmacology is in nursing school, which I am entering next fall. However, because of not having enough room in my schedule or the money to take it at my university, I had to take pharmacology shortened and in a community college that basically graded me based off of my discussion posts. The pharmacology book I had to buy seemed very expensive at the time so I opted out, damaging the amount of pharmacology I "learned".

I am now desperately trying to find sites and quizlets to be able to at least know some drugs and medications but I just wanted advice, and really some help regarding pharmacology and how much it will affect me in the fall.

My level of anxiety is at an all time high because I know I ultimately did this to myself, but is there any way that I could really make it through at least my first year of nursing school without the necessary pharmacology information?

At the RN level, you are expected to recognize different basic categories of drugs, their use, and very general side effects. Even when working, you will still have to look stuff up.

It is doable.

+ Add a Comment