Hopeful or Hopeless

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

Im Darius. New Member. Im 25 and Iam a army vet. So my plan is to try to get accepted into a nursing program next fall. The issue is that I severely butchered my GPA to the point that when I graduate I will have between a 2.0-2.2. I didnt take college too seriously when I got home from the army and I made poor choices. I failed micro and chemistry once and I took Anatomy twice before and got Cs. Im at the point now in my life where Im ready to be very serious about my educational future. I knew my problem wasnt that I didnt understand the work. I just never fully applied myself. As of know I have a B in Anatomy and made As in Micro and Chemistry. My science gpa is pretty good. I have an A in pschology & human development and a B in statistics. When I graduate I will receive my pre-nursing degree. So my question is what realistic shot do I have in entering a BSN program? Will my cumulative gpa hold me back or will my high science gpa( estimated 3.8) be enough? I know I can enter a ADN program but I would have already taken more than half of those classes. Thanks for the input.

Specializes in Psychiatry.

In my ADN program, they really cared about the hard sciences and English comp- that and other things like foreign language proficiency, statistics, CNA certification...

Call the schools you want to apply to and talk to a nursing advisor and see how realistic your grades are.

+ Add a Comment