USF Tampa Accelerated BSN Spring 2019

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hi All! I can't find a thread for the USF Accelerated BSN program for Spring 2019, so I figured I would create it here. Years ago, I applied to both USF and UF Upper Division Nursing Programs and got rejected to both. I've since received a Bachelor's Degree in English with a 3.95 cumulative GPA. I don't have a single C on my entire transcript but I have a lot of B's in the pre-reqs that USF focused on (I started college right after high school and had a HORRIBLE science/math background, so it's amazing for me to have received those grades). My question is, would it be a total waste of time for me to reapply to USF as a second degree seeking student for the Nursing Program there? If USF is still looking at the same 4 classes to calculate pre req GPA (Microbio lecture, Stats, A/P 1 & 2 lecture), then my pre-req GPA is looking like a 3.25. If They are looking at ALL the pre reqs, then my pre-req GPA would be a 3.64. I just called the USF College of Nursing and the lady on the phone told me they look at ALL pre-requisites to determine the pre-requisite GPA, but when I looked at last year's students on this website (for last year's admitted class), and the experience I had myself when I applied in 2012, it doesn't line up. I just want to know if I would be wasting my time applying. I'm seriously considering going to in Tampa and getting my ADN and then bridging over for the BSN at USF (they accept Rasmussen grads, I called and checked). Does anyone know how USF's CON currently calculates their pre-requisite GPAs? Are lower pre req GPAs (like 3.25--if they're only looking at 4 classes without the labs) ever accepted into USF's CON if the person has a really high cumulative GPA (mine is 3.95), and could I have a shot?

Specializes in Health Education.

Hello everyone! I am also applying for USF's Accelerated Program for Spring 2019. I am graduating in December from UF with my Bachelor's degree in health education and behavior.

Wish the best of luck to everyone !

sally, I think you should apply! The absolute worst thing that can happen is that they say no, but you will never know unless you try! Your GPA is not the only thing that matters and, personally, I believe that applying again and showing that you have stuck with this will make a difference to the admissions board! Wish you all the best!

I am also applying for this program, but I applied last year for Fall 2018 the generic program. I didn't get in, so I told myself I would try again after I receive my Bachelors degree in pub health. I did this whole thing within the year, and tried to keep my grades up, but it seems as if the prereqs are the most important, and I got mostly B's on the courses that matter, and they're not going to look at second attempts. So it's no point to even try to retake the class. I am afraid that I may not get in. My overall GPA at the moment is 3.84 but not sure what my prereq GPA are because I don't know how to count it. If any one applied. If youre currently working on your bachelors degree, what do you put for previous institutions?

@Dforrest, I am currently getting my Bachelors degree. For previous institutions, I put the college that I am attending now (UF) and the college that I took a course at as a transient student.

I honestly would like to think that the admissions board takes an interest in you as a whole, not just your grades/GPA. I do not think applying is ever a waste of time; if you do not try you will never know!

Wish you all the best!

Hi Sallyyy! I think you should def apply. I'm pretty much on the same boat as you. If they consider all the pre req listed on the USF website then my GPA is much higher than if they only consider Microbio, Stats and A/P. I'll email the undergrad admissions adviser (Ashley Ros - I think is her name) and see if she can confirm how they currently calculate the pre-req GPA. I'll let you guys know once she replies. Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone!

I was curious if any of you have been accepted into USF and submitted the SOAR application yet?

Wish you all the best!

I submitted mine! Just waiting for the application to close (super nervous). Good luck to everyone as well :)

Did you have trouble submiting the SOAR App? When i click submit nothing happens

I had the same issue. I tried using my desktop computer that is connected directly instead of my laptop + wifi and it worked.

I was able to submit it! Is anyone nervous about how short the application was?? I feel like I am missing something!!

Hey everyone!

Are y'all applying to any other programs besides USF?

I am applying to UF, UNF, and UCF as well.

So nervous though because my pre-req GPA is quite low ):

Wish you all the best!

+ Add a Comment