Need some help with care plan

Nursing Students General Students

Published

I'm a new RN student in my first term in nursing school. We have to do a project where we each get a fictional character in a situation and we have to do a presentation on the character including a care plan. My character is an 18 year old single mother of 2 babies who is in an abusive relationship. The character ends up in the hospital with abruptio placenta due to being punched and kicked in the stomach by her boyfriend. The baby ends up being delivered healthy. The assessment data is normal (no excessive bleeding, VS are normal) except for bruising on the left side of the abdomen. The character ends up admitting that her boyfriend hit her but she said he wouldn't do it again and she won't press charges. I'm having a really hard time finding the proper nursing diagnosis and planning for my character. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me get my mind going in the right direction? Thank you so much!

That's great! Thanks for the input, this will definitely help me get 'unstuck' :-)

+ Add a Comment