CNA/STNA Abuse

Nurses General Nursing

Published

At my facility aides and nurses are abused every day by the same resident. Verbally, and physically. It has been reported hundreds of times, property has been destroyed and aides hurt and yet nothing has been done. is there anything else that we can do? we have started filling out incident reports because of the physical harm being caused. but we are at a loss and tired of being injured while management and DON do nothing.

Specializes in CCU, SICU, CVSICU, Precepting & Teaching.
At my facility aides and nurses are abused every day by the same resident. Verbally, and physically. It has been reported hundreds of times, property has been destroyed and aides hurt and yet nothing has been done. is there anything else that we can do? we have started filling out incident reports because of the physical harm being caused. but we are at a loss and tired of being injured while management and DON do nothing.

Keep filling out the incident reports. Also, perhaps you can have a conference with your manager about how to deal with this problem.

I've never worked in a nursing home, which is where it sounds like you are. But I can attest to having had to move my mother more than once because she was abusing other residents as well as the staff.

Specializes in CCU, SICU, CVSICU, Precepting & Teaching.

Keep filling out the incident reports. Also, perhaps you can have a conference with your manager about how to deal with this problem.

I've never worked in a nursing home, which is where it sounds like you are. But I can attest to having had to move my mother more than once because she was abusing other residents as well as the staff.

+ Add a Comment