Texas Children's Residency Fall 2018

U.S.A. Texas

Published

I noticed there was no topic on the Texas Children's Residency application beginning this Fall/October 2018, and wanted to start one to keep each other updated. It closed June 25, so hopefully we hear about interviews this week.

Is anyone looking for a roommate? I am relocating from TN to work in the CVICU nights, would be awesome to live with a fellow nurse!

Just a few more days before we start! What are you guys wearing for orientation week? Scrubs or business casual?

Just a few more days before we start! What are you guys wearing for orientation week? Scrubs or business casual?

I just assumed we were supposed to be in scrubs lol.

Well the email said business casual or "approved clinical attire" Since we haven't been to orientation to get info on scrub colors, I figured everyone would be in business casual and didn't want to be the only one in scrubs lol. But I definitely prefer scrubs, so scrubs it is!

Lol I guess I missed the business casual part but there was an email or form with our scrub colors. Its royal blue and you can wear a plain shirt or a TCH shirt as a top if you don't want to wear a scrub top

Perfect, thanks!

Hey I applied for spring 2019 cohort is their any interview advice you can give me please it would really help

hey! I just accepted an offer to start the residency program in February 2019 for PICU nights, can anyone give me an idea of what to expect?

Hi everyone! I realize that this is an old post but I am curious if anyone could tell me what I could do to make my application competitive for TCH. I am applying this semester and am so nervous. Peds is my dream specialty but I have heard it is extremely competitive.

On 9/17/2018 at 6:06 PM, iamchep said:

Hey Carmen! Sorry to hear that. Im happy to help as much as I can! Post your email and I will send you a message. ?

I also applied and interviewed with TCH in Fall 2018 but unfortunately did not get selected. I plan on applying again for Spring 2019. I would love any and all advice you have to offer as to how I can stand out better this time around. Congrats to everyone who got offers! ?

+ Add a Comment