Failed first pathophysiology exam

Nursing Students General Students

Published

Feeling very discouraged from ever getting to be a nurse.

Has anyone ever failed their first pathophysiology exam?

I've encouraged couples to do that. I guess because their S/O doesn't have the patience to be able to listen to a carpet bomb of jargon, they just tell them "when I tell you something, just say yes or ok". I'm a little slow when I try to read about something. There have been times when I would confuse myself or get mixed up with something. I'm still trying to investigate it. There were two things that I read and the information as to their cause or something mixed me up and made me think, is one a subtype of the other or totally different? The symptoms are identical, yet I think they might be separate diseases? I have had my moments where I could link a few things such as deep vein thrombosis is a precursor to pulmonary embolism and brain aneurysm and a brain aneursym is a precursor to pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis, which kind of didn't make sense, but kind of did because it starts with the clot and once the clot that was a thrombus breaks off to become an embolus or thromboembolus travels throughout the blood stream until it cannot fit into a vessel.

Additionally, you need to read up on brain aneurysms. What is a brain aneurysm? What happens if it ruptures? Why are you discussing it in the context of embolisms?

+ Add a Comment