Is late or lack of Documentation a reason for fireability?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

So, i work in an ICU. It is always busy and were always tripled. The only time we actually have one to one is when theres a balloon pump or impella. The rest doesnt really count.

Recently, i have been notfied of my lateness in charting and sometimes there are some parts for 6oclock documentation that I miss. Its not everytime, but i could say its like once or twice a month.

1 week ago, the director called me while i was working and he was mad. He was calling me out for not documenting on time. In my defense, it was a very busy day.

Fast forward to yesterday, another busy shift. Apparently i missed one area of my 6oclock assessment. The management called me in to put in late entry. Of course, they werent happy.

Will they fire me one day?

Im only 7-8 months in...

Will it be hard to find a job if you were fired from your previous job?

I kind of want to leave and or want them to fire me. The place just sucks to work at. Super understaffed, unfair assignments, and it is very stressful.

Upon a future reference check, most if not all hospitals have an internal policy to refer all reference calls to HR and then they only state dates of employment and title held because they are afraid of being sued. They usually only answer the "are they rehireable?" question only if it's for another facility within their network (like when hospitals merge). So I think worst case even if you're fired, you will still be able to find employment elsewhere as long as this hospital doesn't own or is affiliated with all the other hospitals in your area.

Do other people get these types of calls or is it just you?

I would start looking for something else now anyway. It sounds unsafe.

Deleted- repeat post

I make brain sheets for every pt.

It was parts in neuro that was supposed to be q2

Its tough to execute time management skills when they reassign me to different patients mid shift. They do it to me almost every week.

I still like the ICU just not the one i work at.

+ Add a Comment