What's the most inappropriate thing you've done that you instantly regretted?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

I was once in the ICU in a very jovial mood, and the organ donation guy, who was a nice, funny person and who I got on with well, came into the unit. The minute I saw him I grabbed the bell that we kept for end of visiting time and rang it, and called out "Bring out your dead!" in true Monty Python style. Luckily he laughed. Afterwards I realized that some organ donation folks might not be so amused.

These comments are great...you're all so funny. It was great reading them!! You can just picture some of these happening.

I don't have a nurse story to tell but one instead when a relative was taken to emergency. It was for a minor cause...the doctor just said he needed to go. We were tired because we had waited for hours until he could be discharged late at night (which is ok). But when you're tired even the smallest things make you crack up. The doctor would come by every so often and the nurse was checking to see how he was going.

All of a sudden, within the room next to us we heard this man making really loud and weird sexual noises.

I was trying so badly not to laugh. I had to pretend that I had a runny nose to cover my mouth from showing that I was laughing. I looked over to a family member and then I just lost it!! It was one of those moments when you're with someone and desperately trying not to laugh.

We both had to walk out of the room because we just couldn't hold in the laughs. I had to again pretend that I had a bad cold. The noises just wouldn't stop. He would just continually make these weird sexual noises, stop for a pause and then start back up again making it even funnier.

The poor young nurse probably thought that we were laughing at the fact that she was examining our male relative. It was one of those moments where you shouldn't laugh. We walked out the hospital at discharge still cracking up and laughing about it the next day. It was probably more of a be there moment.

Has anyone ever laughed at the wrong moment or got caught out for doing something inappropriate?

+ Add a Comment