Drug Testing on VDAP

Nurses Recovery

Published

Specializes in Clinical Leadership, Staff Development, Education.

I am currently enrolled in Alabama VDAP and was initially tested twice a month for the first 12 months. Over the most 7 months, I have consistently been tested 3x a month. I have never had any issues with my test. Just curious- has anyone else experienced an increase under VDAP?

Specializes in critical care, ER,ICU, CVSURG, CCU.

Strange, you would think they would test more frequent in the first part of monitoring, I hope someone else can give us more inside.

Best wishes

I noticed my testing started out kinda slow in the first 6 months or so. Only once or twice a month. Then that increased to 2-3 times per month for the next year. Then it leveled off at twice a month pretty regularly. Now, in my last year, I'm back to 1-2 times per month. I think they figure that at first, you're in IOP, you're doing your 90/90, you're kind of in shock and scared, so they don't necessarily need to test a whole lot, but after you get a little bit adjusted to the routine, you may let your guard down and go back to using whatever your substance of choice was, since the initial fear and humiliation of getting caught has worn off. Then after a couple years, your likelihood of regressing would hopefully decrease, so they decrease the testing a bit. But of course, I'm just guessing!

+ Add a Comment