Does anyone have any advice?

Nursing Students General Students

Published

I have been struggling taking select-all-that-apply tests. My grades are not good this semester, and I am genuinely concerned that I am not going to pass nursing school. What makes it even worse is if I don't pass this semester I have to wait until next spring to pick up where I left off. That will delay my graduation, and I am already behind as it is. Does anyone have any advice of how to approach these types of questions on tests?

Take each option as true or false.

Here's an example:

The nurse is preparing discharge for a patient with GERD. What would be important for the nurse to include in this teaching plan? Select all that apply:

1. Elevate the HOB.

2. Decrease intake of caffeine.

3. Discuss strategies for weight loss if overweight.

4. Increase fluid intake with meals.

So now we take every option as a true or false.

Elevating the head of the bed will relieve GERD symptoms, true or false?

Decreasing caffeine will reduce GERD symptoms, true or false?

Losing weight will help relieve GERD symptoms, true or false?

Drinking a lot of water with meals will help reduce GERD symptoms, true or false?

Take each option as true or false.

Here's an example:

The nurse is preparing discharge for a patient with GERD. What would be important for the nurse to include in this teaching plan? Select all that apply:

1. Elevate the HOB.

2. Decrease intake of caffeine.

3. Discuss strategies for weight loss if overweight.

4. Increase fluid intake with meals.

So now we take every option as a true or false.

Elevating the head of the bed will relieve GERD symptoms, true or false?

Decreasing caffeine will reduce GERD symptoms, true or false?

Losing weight will help relieve GERD symptoms, true or false?

Drinking a lot of water with meals will help reduce GERD symptoms, true or false?

Thank you very much! That helps me so much. I did not think to do that. I feel I have been getting myself overwhelmed by looking at all the answers and not knowing which ones to pick! I will definitely use that approach with these questions. Thanks again for your input!

+ Add a Comment