pa nurse requesting retroprocity for a nj license

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner.

So I have read many threads from years ago. I live and work in pa but also want to expand my horizons to nj. More jobs for management only needing a bsn and more travel assignments across the bridge.

I heard so many things that it takes months to get your nj rn license.

I applied 2/4/18 online to newark consumer affairs bon nj website. Got my fingerprint paperwork on 2/10/18. Took my criminal background and fingerprints on 2/12/18 in new jersey ppl say it gets to them faster. Looked on bon website on 2/13/18 and it was posted! yeah.

I plan on going up there on friday 2/16/18. wish me blessings. I plan on walking out of nj bon with my nj rn license. Ill keep you posted.

Specializes in psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner.

update: applied for nj retroprocity on 2/4/18. did my fingerprints a few days ago, drove to newark nj board of nursing today. they asked me why was I there I said to get an update on my application. they told me to have a seat and 5 minutes later a women came out with a paper in her hand. she says ok you are now licensed in the state of nj active immediately. I skipped to my car drove back to pa. best day ever! less than two weeks later I got my nj nurse license.

+ Add a Comment