Not sure how to go about job hunt?

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Hi, everyone

I posted a similar thread before but I don't think I did a great job of fully explaining my situation. So I am about to graduate with my BSN and have already started applying jobs and just had my first interview this past Friday. I have been doing some research and came across the whole 2 year contract for new grads thing. Until then I had never heard of that rule. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind this because I plan to accept a job that I actually like and would want to stay at. The problem is that my spouse is going to be attending grad school in another state about a year after I start working. I plan to move with him and so I don't think I should sign any 2 year contracts since I will just end up breaking it and will be facing penalties.

How should I even go about my Job Search? It's not like hospitals directly come right out on applications and admit to forcing you into 2 year deals. I just don't want to go through the work of applying, interviewing, and even accepting a job just to have a long term contract thrown at me later on. Any advice on how to find a job in this situation? Thank you!

+ Add a Comment