How hard will it be?

Nursing Students General Students

Published

Hey guys! So I am finishing up pre-reqs for my BSN. I am attending Colorado Christian University in Aurora, CO and wondered how hard it is to get INTO the nursing program after completing all the requirements? How hard was it for you all to get in after finishing everything they ask for? I just don't want to get to the end of what's asked and get a decline. I am sure there is another program available somewhere if that happens, but I just wanted input. So far, my grades are good so that's not an issue.

I did however get 2 C's (One in algebra, and the other in psych) when my teenage daughter went downhill with her MS, but the rest are all A's and high B's. What's your take on it and the school if you have any info. Thanks in advance!

It depends on how competitive the school you're applying to is. There are some schools that are mildly competitive, and they will accept you as long as you have completed their prereqs, you have a C average on them , and you have a passing score on your admission exam. Does your school have any admission exams like the hesi, ATI, etc.? On another note, the highly-competitive schools, although not in all cases, gravitate towards accepting students who have very high GPAs and above average admission exam scores. Some even require personal statements and experiences (related to volunteer activities) as deciding factors to the student's acceptance. It just all depends. With your grades, you should be fine. But to be sure, you should also pay attention to the other requirements. I know most nursing schools look at the admission test scores. If that is the case, practice practice practice! Do some practice questions. This way, you can increase your chances of getting a great score, and it can help you to get into the "competitive" pool of applicants. Goodluck, and YOU GOT THIS!

+ Add a Comment