Roseman (USN) BSN Program 18-Month Track

U.S.A. Nevada

Published

Anyone currently in the BSN 18 Month track program at Roseman (USN)? Ive seen some older posts from a couple of years ago in the forum about the program and they seemed to have positive reviews.

https://allnurses.com/nv-nursing-programs/any-info-about-298632.html

I know the ABSN track is god awful but I was wondering if anyone is currently attending their 18 Month track program and could let me know what you've experienced so far.

The dean met with each cohort and listened to the issues from students. Most all of the issues were minor and she has already made the corrections we requested.

Jazlin- I'm unable to receive pm can you email me @ [email protected]? I'd like to pick your brain.

Thanks!

I am considering applying to the BSN program here. The 18 month program seems to be the quickest of the lot. I was wondering if the 90% to pass still applies with the BSN program or is it just with the ABSN? Also, if one studies and puts in their dues is it manageable to acheive the 90%? I have some pre-requisites (Anatomy, Physiology, and Chemistry) that I need to complete. Are these offered at Roseman? What is the interview process like? I read that many students are California natives, has anyone gone through the course and moved back to California to practice? Were you able to find a job after passing the NCLEX? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

I am considering applying to the BSN program here. The 18 month program seems to be the quickest of the lot. I was wondering if the 90% to pass still applies with the BSN program or is it just with the ABSN? Also, if one studies and puts in their dues is it manageable to achieve the 90%? I have some pre-requisites (Anatomy, Physiology, and Chemistry) that I need to complete. Are these offered at Roseman? What is the interview process like? I read that many students are California natives, has anyone gone through the course and moved back to California to practice? Were you able to find a job after passing the NCLEX? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Hi!

Yes the 90% is standard throughout Roseman. You will have to do your prereqs before applying to Roseman. The courses are all taught in Blocks for the BSN and ABSN programs. You will have much more teaching and advantages in the 18 month program over the ABSN program. Plus the BSN program has extended times and frequencies of remediations available as opposed to only 1 chance in the ABSN program. Not to mention, the ABSN program is pretty much a "teach-yourself" program.

The interview process was very laid-back. I did mine via phone interview. Don't know if that has changed any. I haven't heard of anyone who failed the interview process.

Best of luck!

:lol2:

The dean met with each cohort and listened to the issues from students. Most all of the issues were minor and she has already made the corrections we requested.

I would not say that most issues were MINOR.... minor, only if they did not affect you perhaps. Some issues were cleared while others still persist.

Hi,

I'm going for an interview next week at Roseman for the 18 month program. What kind of questions do they ask at the interview? They also want me to do a writing sample, do you know what that's about?

I took the TEAS test at the accelerated location. While we were waiting to take the test, one of The students popped in and said she would not recommend the school due to the lack of organization & quality of education.I also recently intviewed

I took the TEAS test at the accelerated location. While we were waiting to take the test, one of The students popped in and said she would not recommend the school due to the lack of organization & quality of education.I also recently intviewed

Hi!

You didn't say which program you were considering, but I am assuming you are looking into the 18 month BSN program. If you read the posts on this site you will find a lot of truth. The accelerated program is definitely for someone who is a good test taker and is comfortable with teaching themselves. It is extremely high stress and you never feel like you are comfortable in what you have learned, or if it is enough. We have had numerous classmates who were kicked out because they missed one question too many. Literally one question can make a difference in the accelerated program. It lacks organization, and a lot more, for a program that is about 90K. I have been told that there won't be a new ABSN cohort until October due to staffing issues. Our cohort started with 42 and by the end of our 6th block we were down to 19 classmates. We have picked up some classmates from people who returned for their 2nd try to finish the program, so we are now back to 24 for block 9.

The 18 month program is a regular class/lecture program which would seem to be a better environment for learning, however, I'm amazed at their failure rate as well. Just be sure you do your homework and really research whatever school you decide on before you make the plunge. We didn't have the feedback from actual students when we entered, that you have available to you.

Best of Wishes on Your Nursing Future:nurse:

I didn't realize that my last post went through. I started writing it at the airport & quit to board. After my interview for the 18 month program, (I applied for the july ABSN & was informed of the restructuring, so I chose to have them use my app fee for thr the 18 mo. Instead) another student approached me in the hallway and basically told me to run. This student also informed me that there are no student advocates, unfair test questions, and lack of school organization.Is the 18 month program really that difficult or troublesome? I have an extensive science background & tutored nursing students in their first year of my local nursing program.Any feedback is much appreciated.

Maddog245,

Will you be attending the 18 Month or ABSN Program?

I will be attending the 18 month program that starts next week.

Hey Maddog 245,

Just wondering how you are liking the 18 month BSN program. I just sent in my application and am going to interview next month.

+ Add a Comment