Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application

Specialties Advanced

Published

Hello! I have seen forums for the previous years' application cycles, but not for the class starting fall 2012.

Sooo... how's it going for everyone? I take the GRE on Friday (gah!) so of course I'm trying to avoid studying for that!

For Psych I believe there are 22-25 spots.... but I am not sure how many are reserved for those who are already RN's etc...

Do you have any idea how many applicants there are for those few spots? I don't know much but it seems like being such a well known school they would have hundreds of applicants to each specialty! I told Rob this is something he could ask in an interview becuase that makes one seem interested and it will help us all know our chances! I have tried googling and reading all over the internet but can't find any stats!

I don't know but I have been trying to figure it out as well! I am just scared I won't get an interview now .....

AnneP85, Please don't worry, it will only drive you crazy. Maybe I should have kept quiet because I certainly don't want to contribute to any anxiety you already have. I was just shocked to see it right after I posted about it. I really think that they will get in touch with you soon, it is still early. Maybe you want to give a call and reiterate your interest. It couldn't hurt.

Jordans, 10-15 is just what I heard at the open house. This just might be those who are not at a distance. Given that you are at a distance and you have a 1250 GRE, I think you have a great shot at acceptance!

@ Rob_Rn: no worries! i just get anxious about this kind of stuff! I am sure you are right :) it is still early, I do know that much! hmm... I heard the 22-25 spots, but there are some reserved for those at a distance/rn I believe, I bet 20 range for spots!!! And again, do not worry! I just am anxious/excited/hopeful :)

is anyone still working on pre-reqs and if so did you do anything special to let them know? I know they just must be completed before August but just was unsure if there was anything special we needed to do. I just added a letter as part of my application.... thank you everyone for all of the advice/help thus far!

Specializes in FNP: Urgent Care & Primary Care; RN: Med-Surg.

Are the FNP applicants getting a phone interview too? I am really nervous now. I had a 3.7 gpa but only a 1000 gre score. I probably won't make it, will I?

Hang in there AnaLong....according to the open house last year they look at the whole picture and consider everything!! believe...believe....:) That is a good gpa and you meet the requirement on the gre!

Specializes in FNP: Urgent Care & Primary Care; RN: Med-Surg.

Thanks silverbelle. I guess I am just starting to doubt myself because it is nearing THAT TIME. Has anyone gotten their financial aid packet yet?

Hey ya'll, I know that PMHNP is the only specialty that def requires an interview. I think sometimes they do them FNP or other ones that are very popular and they need to be competitive. I am a PMHNP direct entry applicant and I had my phone interview on Monday and this morning I received a message from the director of the program that she needs to clarify something about my references with me. I AM FREAKING OUT!! The earliest time I could get to speak with her is Monday at 4 so I'll be spending the next 5 days worrying!! I can't imagine what the issue would be... Has anyone else had a similar experience??

@ Analong, agreed with Silverbelle.... It is not all on one thing or the other, and I was told as long as it meets the minimum that is good. Obviously, higher scores are always good, but I am in the same boat with a lower score for gre and good gpa like you. I got an interview so I think definitely do not feel discouraged!!!

I think Friday is plenty soon enough personally. However, if it would ease your anxiety, go ahead with some thank you emails. Or shoot, do both. I don't think you will be faulted for being overly kind in your appreciation for the time they took for you. I just know that these professors get tons of emails daily, so I just think a card would stand out a bit more. I heard that there will be about 10-15 spots for those with a BSN degree and approx. 23-24 spots for prespecialty. However, they do what they can to get as many in the program as possible. This info comes from the open house I went to last fall, so please take it for what it is. For all I know they could have changed everything around by now.

Does that mean 23-24 prespecialties TOTAL? Or for each specialty? I am so nervous its crazy. I started off as CNM/FNP but now I am just applying to CNM because they emailed me right at December 15 telling me they read my interview answers and said it seemed like my intentions were purely CNM and whether I would like to just do CNW speciality as apposed to the dual focus- I said yes, because it seemed like that was the right answer. Anyway, ahhhhh! I want answers haha

+ Add a Comment