- Location Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Programs ASN/ADN, BSN, DNP, MSN, RN-to-MSN, RN-to-BSN, Entry-Level BSN, MSN-to-DNP, CRNA, NP, BSN-to-DNP, Post-grad Certificate, Other
- Website URL Visit Website
The University of Saint Francis (USF) is a private, Roman Catholic, Franciscan-sponsored university that was founded in 1890.
Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN)
The Associate of Science in Nursing program is a two-year program. Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Upon passing the NCLEX-RN the graduate will be eligible to be licensed as an RN in his or her state of residence.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to ASN
Nurses who hold an active LPN license are eligible for the LPN to ASN program. There will be credits awarded for previous education and the title of Licensed Practical Nurse. At the end of the program, graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam and be eligible for licensure in his or her state.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
This program is four years in length. Graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam to then be eligible for state licensure as an RN.
RN to BSN (online)
The online RN to BSN program is for active RNs who hold a diploma in nursing or an Associate's degree in nursing. The program can be completed in as little as 12 months; courses are eight weeks in length. The flexibility for enrollment is full- or a part-time basis. A leadership immersion practicum is part of the program.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
The Family Nurse Practitioner track is the MSN degree program offered. Enrollment options include full- or part-time and can be completed within two years. The classes are offered in a hybrid format. The program includes 645 hours of clinical. Class requirements are Tuesdays at the Fort Wayne campus and the rest of the coursework is completed online.
Admission Requirements (not all-inclusive)
- ASN, BSN or MSN degree from regionally accredited institution in the US
- Current RN license
- Undergraduate GPA 3.2
- If less than 3.0, students required to submit GRE scores of at least 400 (old format) or 150 (new format) verbal and quantitative sections and 4.0 on the analytic writing
- Graduate or undergraduate statistics course within the last five years
RN to MSN
Those who hold an ADN and are interested in going for an MSN can enroll in the ADN to MSN program. The program's courses are rigorous and taught in an intensive block format. Class requirements are Tuesdays at the Fort Wayne campus and the remainder of the coursework is completed online.
Admission Requirements (not all-inclusive)
- ASN degree from regionally accredited institution in the United States
- Current RN license
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.2; less than 3.0, students required to submit GRE scores of at least 400 (old format) or 150 (new format) on the verbal and quantitative sections and 4.0 on the analytic writing section
Doctor of Nursing Practice, Nurse Anesthesia (BSN-DNP)
The Nurse Anesthesia program is 36 months in length, full-time enrollment, and referred to as the BSN-DNP Nurse Anesthesia Program.
Admission/Application Requirements (not all-inclusive)
- BSN from ACEN or CCNE accredited a nursing program
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA at least 3.2
- Overall science GPA 3.0 or higher
- Two Chemistry courses/one statistics course grade B or better - statistics must be completed within the past 5 years
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, detailing professional positions and accomplishments
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Current, unencumbered license to practice or eligibility to practice as an RN in Indiana
- At least one year (two preferred) full-time, continuous, critical care experience within the past five years
- BLS/ACLS/PALS certifications approved by the American Heart Association
- CCRN or equivalent specialty certification strongly preferred; Critical care experience defined as work completed as a licensed RN in ICU (medical, surgical, neurovascular, or cardiovascular), pediatric ICU, or neonatal ICU; other experiences considered include post-anesthesia care unit (PACU), OR, emergency room
- Three professional letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant potential for graduate study
- Essay explaining educational and professional goals
- Nurse Anesthesia/DNP interview
Post-MSN Doctor of Nursing Practice
The program is two years in length. There is a requirement for continuous, part-time enrollment. The classes are flexible and offered in a hybrid format.
Approval and Accreditation
The Indiana State Board of Nursing approved the Associate of Science in Nursing and the Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs.
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited the Associate of Science in Nursing and the Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the Master of Science in Nursing program.
The Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA) accredited the BSN-DNP Program.
The University of Saint Francis is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
2018 NCLEX Pass Rates
- Fort Wayne BSN - 93.1%
- Fort Wayne ADN - 94.2%
- Crown Point ADN - 96.1%
US News & World Report (2020)
- #66 (tie) in Regional Universities Midwest
- #42 (tie) in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #42 in Best Value Schools
- #62 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #29 of 1,692
- Best Catholic Colleges in America #79 of 164
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #154 of 618
- Best Small Colleges in America #303 of 984
- Best Value Colleges in America #366 of 1,592
- Best College Locations in America #376 of 1,607
- Top Private Universities in America #402 of 958
- Best Colleges in America #652 of 1,626
- Safest College Campuses in Indiana #1 of 27
- Most Conservative Colleges in Indiana #2 of 41
- Best College Locations in Indiana #3 of 41
- Best Catholic Colleges in Indiana #4 of 5
- Best Colleges for Nursing in Indiana #6 of 15
- Best College Campuses in Indiana #9 of 37
- Best Value Colleges in Indiana #12 of 41
- Best Small Colleges in Indiana #13 of 25
- Top Private Universities in Indiana #16 of 26
- Best College Dorms in Indiana #18 of 36
- Best Colleges in Indiana #20 of 41
- Most Diverse Colleges in Indiana #37 of 41
- Best Value Colleges in Fort Wayne Area #1 of 4
Edited by sirI