The University of Central Florida, a public institution, was founded in 1963.
UCF's programs include online bachelor's, master's, PhDs, certificates and more.
Highlights of the program
- Upper-division program for juniors or transfers
- Full-time five semester program
- Located on UCF Orlando, Cocoa, Daytona campuses starting in the Fall
- MECP eligibility
Second Degree BSN (ABSN)
- Upper-division limited access program
- Bachelor's degree in field other than nursing
- Full-time four semester program
- UCF Orlando campus in Summer
- MECP eligibility
Application Criteria (not all inclusive)
- UCF application at least three months prior to BSN application deadline
- 3.0 overall GPA - overall cumulative undergraduate GPA 3.0
- TEAS Exam - composite score 78% or above - complete all 4 parts of the TEAS exam
- Non-nursing Bachelor's degree from regionally accredited institution
Dual Enrollment Concurrent ASN-BSN
- Program for juniors or transfers with limited access
- 6-7 semester program
- ASN courses and BSN courses completed concurrently - ASN degree first then complete BSN degree two semesters later
- Two regional locations
- 100% online
- Admission each semester
- 30 credit hour curriculum
- Up to 29 credit hours may be awarded toward BSN for prior coursework
- Part-time or full-time plans - each track has specific application process (RN to BSN and ASN to BSN)
Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program (MECP)
- Active duty military students eligible
- Provisional acceptance up to one year in advance
- Four-semester, full-time Second Degree BSN program - UCF Orlando campus starts in Summer
- Five-semester, full-time Traditional BSN program - UCF Orlando campus starts in Fall, Regional campuses (Cocoa / Daytona) starts in Spring
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Leadership & Management - Online
- Nurse Educator - Online
- Nursing and Healthcare Simulation - Online
- Adult/Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs are designed to acclimate students to the advanced professional role. Those who do not have a nursing bachelor's degree may enter upon completion of prerequisite classes. The program prepares students for roles as educators, professional leaders, clinical specialists and more. Graduates are eligible to sit for specialty national certification examination(s).
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (post-BSN) - Hybrid
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (post-BSN) - Hybrid
- Family Nurse Practitioner (post-BSN) - Hybrid
- Advanced Practice (post-MSN) - Online
- Executive (post-MSN) - Online
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program is designed to educate students at the highest degree level available in the field of nursing. Nursing graduates practice with a strong scientific foundation, focus on evidence-based practice and hone leadership skills.
Doctor of Philosophy (PHD)
The program is offered online with two multiple-day onsite intensives per year. There are 60-credit hours beyond the MSN degree that include 36-credit hours of required courses focusing on foundation, knowledge development and research methods; 15 dissertation credit hours; and 9 credit hours of electives, which allow the students to gain additional expertise in the area chosen for the dissertation.
RNs with Non-Nursing Bachelor's (NNB)
This option is designed for licensed registered nurses who have completed an AS in Nursing or diploma nursing program and also have obtained a bachelor's degree in another field.
Applying as Non-Degree Seeking Student
This option is designed for licensed registered nurses who have completed a BSN. The courses have limited access.
- Adult - Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Health Care Simulation
- Nursing Education
US News & World Report (2020)
- #165 (tie) in National Universities
- #10 in Most Innovative Schools
- #87 (tie) in Top Public Schools
- #14 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs
- #50 (tie) in Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs
#10 in Best Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans
- #61 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Master's
- #72 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice (tie)
- #486 (tie) Best Global Universities
- Best College Campuses in America #45 of 1,408
- Best Big Colleges in America #61 of 131
- Top Public Universities in America #69 of 672
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #142 of 599
- Best Colleges in America #191 of 1,647
- Best College Locations in America #200 of 1,553
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #223 of 1,591
- Best Value Colleges in America #586 of 1,590
- Best College Campuses in Florida #3 of 41
- Top Public Universities in Florida #4 of 37
- Best Big Colleges in Florida #4 of 9
- Best Colleges in Florida #6 of 75
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Florida #6 of 71
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Florida #7 of 54
- Best Colleges for Nursing in Florida #7 of 24
- Best Value Colleges in Florida #9 of 67
- Best College Locations in Florida #16 of 70
- Best Colleges in Orlando Area #1 of 9
- Best Value Colleges in Orlando Area #2 of 8
- #271 Top Colleges
- #88 in Public Colleges
- #135 in Research Universities
- #53 in the South
- #119 America's Best Value Colleges
The Princeton Review (2018-2019)
- The Best 384 Colleges
- Best Southeastern
- Green Colleges
MONEY Magazine ranked UCF #351 Best Colleges For Your Money (2018-2019).
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by Kiplinger.
UCF ranked No. 28 for best online Master of Science in Nursing programs per CollegeChoice.net.
UCF No. 6 on their list of best RNs to BSN campus programs according to RNtoBSN.org.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the baccalaureate degree in nursing, master's degree in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice degree, and advanced practice post-master's certificate programs.
The University of Central Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.