- NCLEX Pass Rate 93
- Location Galloway, New Jersey
- Programs BSN, MSN, Entry-Level BSN, NP, Accelerated BSN, Post-grad Certificate, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
Stockton University is best known for its status of the "Green College" for environmental excellence. The public university is only a 20-minute drive to the Jersey Shores. Students can be in Philadelphia in about an hour and New York City in 2 hours.
Stockton University's Galloway, N.J. campus in the Pinelands National Reserve reminds students of one of America's exquisite national parks. A new residential campus in Atlantic City will open in the Fall of 2018. There are also locations in Manahawkin, Hammonton and Woodbine.
Pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
This is an entry-level, generic baccalaureate Nursing Program (BSN).
Application (not all inclusive)
There is a wait list for admission determined in early May.
- Completed 4 years of English, 3 years of a laboratory science, 2 years of a foreign language, 2 years of math, 3 years of history, and one additional academic unit prior to enrollment
- SAT Math score must be at least 550 (old SAT) - 570 (new SAT) and ACT MATH score of 25
- 2 letters of recommendation from high school teachers/advisors
- Special attention will be given to the strength of the high school curriculum (i.e. honors, A.P. courses)
Accelerated BSN (ABSN)
This accelerated, generic baccalaureate Nursing Program (BSN), also known as TRANSCEL, is designed for the student who has an earned baccalaureate degree or higher in a field other than nursing.
Students who do not have the minimum required baccalaureate degree may be considered for admission.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- Completed: English I & II, Intro to Psych, Life Span Development, Statistics, Nutrition, Chemistry I – Inorganic, Chemistry II – Organic, Microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology I & II, Ethics, Pathophysiology
- A GPA of 3.5 and no less than a C in all required science courses; science courses from schools other than Stockton should be a grade of B or higher
Students transferring without earned baccalaureate degrees
Internal Transfer students may be admitted if they do not have the minimum required baccalaureate degree, have earned 64 or more college credits, and have all other prerequisite and undergraduate requirements completed.
Frequently Asked ABSN Questions
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
The Master of Science in Nursing program is designed for the baccalaureate-prepared Registered Nurse who has the desire to pursue a graduate degree with specialty certification as an Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP).
Skills will be learned that enable the nurse to assess, diagnose, treat, and evaluate health problems of the client; heavy emphasis on disease prevention.
The program encourages self-directed learning and critical thinking.
Prerequisite Requirements (not all inclusive)
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an NLN-CCNE-accredited school
- Cumulative GPA 3.2 or higher - minimum grade of "B" in all nursing courses
- Cumulative GPA 3.3 in at least two graduate nursing courses if the BSN GPA is less than or equal to 3.19
- Prerequisite courses: Health Assessment, Nursing Research, Statistics
- Applicants to Post-Master's program - possess a master's degree and valid certification in the NP specialty (ANCC or AANPCP)
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- Graduate application essay
- Proof of license to practice as a professional nurse in New Jersey
- Proof of current CPR certification
- Three letters of recommendation; one academic and two professional
Frequently Asked Questions
Students have the option of completing the program in four semesters (two-year sequence) or in a three year or four-year course sequence. All students must complete the program within five years of beginning the program.
Additional didactic coursework and minimum of 200 clinical hours are required for the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Post-Master's Certification.
Are GRE scores required?
No, GRE scores are not required.
Can the program be completed as a part-time student?
Master's prepared RNs can become eligible to take the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) or Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) national certification examination.
Adult Nurse Practitioners (ANP) or Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioners (AGPCNP) who are in current practice can complete additional didactic and clinical coursework; they will be eligible to sit for the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) national certification examination.
Recent Stockton MSN graduates may qualify to directly enter the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) – Chatham University in Pittsburgh
Graduates of Stockton's MSN program can apply to be accepted into the doctoral program at Chatham University in Pittsburgh.
Each required course is an online, 14-week format on a full- or part-time schedule, with one 2- to 3-day on-campus residency providing the opportunity for networking, project presentation, faculty review, and collaborative learning. Clinical hours can be completed in the student's own geographic location and/or can be completed at the student's place of employment.
Rankings and Recognition
US News & World Report (2019)
- #35 (tie) in Regional Universities North
- #17 (tie) in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #9 in Top Public Schools
- #199 (252) in Best Nursing Schools: Master's
- Top Public Universities in America #186
- Best Value Colleges in America #304
- Most Liberal Colleges in America #384
- Best Colleges in America #500
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #515
- Best College Campuses in America #592
- Safest College Campuses in America #697
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #715
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #1,287
- Top Public Universities in New Jersey #6
- Best College Campuses in New Jersey #7
- Best Value Colleges in New Jersey #10
- Best Colleges in New Jersey #11
- Colleges with the Best Academics in New Jersey #11
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in New Jersey #11
- Most Liberal Colleges in New Jersey #13
- Safest College Campuses in New Jersey #16
- Most Diverse Colleges in New Jersey #26
- #228 America's Best Value Colleges
- #449 Top Colleges
- #151 in Public Colleges
- #165 in the Northeast
The Princeton Review
- Best Northeastern (2019)
- Green Colleges (2017)
MONEY Magazine ranked Stockton #218 in Best Colleges For Your Money (2018).
Stockton University is ranked among the nation's top universities in The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Ranking (2017).
Stockton University ranked in the top eight colleges and universities in New Jersey in Niche.com's "2017 Best Colleges."
Stockton University ranked in the Top 20 Nationally for Veterans By Military Times and Online College Plan (2018).
Stockton's Nursing program received a ranking of 43 (out of 450 schools considered) in the MidAtlantic Region by NursingSchoolsAlmanac.com (2016).
INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine, the oldest and largest diversity-focused publication in higher education, awarded Stockton the 'Insight into Diversity' 2016 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award.
Approval and Accreditation
The New Jersey Board of Nursing has approved the nursing programs.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the nursing programs at Stockton University.
Stockton University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Edited by sirI