- Location Manchester, Multiple selections allowed
- Programs BSN, MSN, RN-to-MSN, RN-to-BSN, Post-grad Certificate, Other
- Website URL Visit Website
The private, non-profit institution, Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), was founded in 1932.
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) - Online
The RN to BSN online program consists of 10 courses that follow the recommended guidelines of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- Active unencumbered RN license
- Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing from state-approved/nationally accredited nursing program
- 2.5 minimum cumulative GPA
Accelerated Registered Nurse to Master of Science in Nursing (RN to MSN) - Online
The Accelerated RN to MSN online track allows students to complete two graduate-level courses within their BSN program. Those who complete the courses within the BSN program will progress to the MSN program.
Applicants must first be accepted into SNHU's online RN to BSN program. To pursue the Accelerated RN to MSN online, students must have an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 in the BSN program.
Upon acceptance into the Accelerated RN to MSN online pathway, students perform graduate-level work in two BSN courses (NUR 540 and NUR 545). This eliminates the requirement for two graduate-level courses (NUR 601 and NUR 607).
Students complete their degree at their own pace, over six 8-week undergraduate terms and five 10-week graduate terms per year.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) - Online
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) online program at SNHU prepares nurses to improve the quality of healthcare systems through an advanced degree. Students can customize degrees with electives within the MSN.
MSN Nurse Educator - Online
The online MSN program follows the guidelines recommended by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and the National League for Nursing (NLN). After successful completion, students will be eligible to sit for the national Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) exam offered by the National League for Nursing.
MSN Clinical Nurse Leader - Online
Southern New Hampshire University's Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) program is based on the competencies and practice standards defined by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. Upon successful completion of SNHU’s online MS in Nursing Clinical Nurse Leader program, graduates are then eligible to sit for the national CNL exam offered by the Commission on Nurse Certification (CNC).
The Clinical Nurse Leader program-online is designed to teach the skills required by nurse leaders to perform as providers and managers of care and assume accountability for all types of patient care needs within the different healthcare variations. Students are taught the theoretical and practical knowledge in the areas of advanced nursing practice, leadership, research, evidence-based practice, care coordination, and transition management.
MSN Patient Safety and Quality - Online
The program consists of a 13-course, 39-credit MSN Patient Safety and Quality program that prepares nurses for their emerging roles and the rising demands within healthcare.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
An active unencumbered RN license equivalent to NCLEX-RN examination is mandatory. If a student holds active licenses in more than one state/jurisdiction, all licenses must be unencumbered.
Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited BSN program. Provisional acceptance may be extended to applicants with an undergraduate GPA between 2.67 and 2.99.
NOTE: At this time, Southern New Hampshire University is not enrolling nursing students from Washington State.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the Bachelor of Science in Nursing and the Master of Science in Nursing programs at Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU).
Southern New Hampshire University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education, Inc., (NECHE).
Rankings and Recognitions
US News & World Report (2019)
- #112 (tie) in Regional Universities North
- #1 in Most Innovative Schools
- Best Online Colleges in America #21 of 153
- Best College Campuses in America #62 of 1,408
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #115 of 1,542
- Best Big Colleges in America #117 of 131
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #120 of 1,592
- Best College Locations in America #374 of 1,553
- Top Private Universities in America #421 of 975
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #635 of 725
- Best Colleges in America #688 of 1,647
- Best College Locations in New Hampshire #1 of 12
- Best College Campuses in New Hampshire #1 of 10
- Most Diverse Colleges in New Hampshire #2 of 12
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in New Hampshire #2 of 11
- Best Colleges for Business in New Hampshire #2 of 9
- Top Private Universities in New Hampshire #2 of 7
- Best Colleges in New Hampshire #4 of 12
- Most Conservative Colleges in New Hampshire #5 of 6
- Best Colleges in Manchester Area #2 of 4
MONEY Magazine ranked SUNH #716 Best Colleges For Your Money (2019).
SUNH was recognized as a top institution for adult learners by Washington Monthly (2018).
Edited by Joe V