- Location Weston, Massachusetts
- Programs ASN/ADN, BSN, DNP, MSN, RN-to-MSN, RN-to-BSN, Entry-Level BSN, MSN-to-DNP, CNS, NP, BSN-to-PhD, Accelerated BSN, Post-grad Certificate, Other
- Website URL Visit Website
Regis College, a private/non-profit entity, was founded in 1927 by the Congregation of Sisters of St. Joseph Boston.
PLEASE NOTE: State Authorizations for Regis College programs.
Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN)
Regis College and Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford have partnered to offer an associates degree in nursing through the Lawrence Memorial (LMH)/Regis College Collaborative ASN Program.
Classes are offered on both the Medford and Weston campuses.
Collaborative ASN Degree
The LMH/Regis College Collaborative ASN program offers both classroom and clinical curriculum for the nursing student, focusing on understanding the pathophysiology behind multiple diseases and giving graduates the eligibility to be qualified to sit for the NCLEX, which leads to the Registered Nurse licensure in the individual state.
There is also an option to add a dual admission for the RN to BSN to MSN Upward Mobility Track at Regis College with full credit for the associate degree courses.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Regis College has a campus in Lawrence, Massachusetts at Northern Essex Community College offering a complete Bachelor’s program for nurses.
Students must meet certain criteria and then can be directly admitted as a freshman with a major in nursing. There are special considerations for those who do not meet the criteria straight from high school. This is a four-year baccalaureate degree for nursing students focused on both liberal arts and nursing.
Part-time BS in Nursing for Non-Nurse College Graduates - This program is for those who have a bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field and would like to become a nurse. The program is eight semesters long and in the end, will prepare the graduate to sit for the NCLEX exam and become eligible to be licensed to practice as an RN.
Accelerated 16 month BS in Nursing for Non-Nurse College Graduates - This is designed also for students who hold a baccalaureate degree in another non-nursing field. The program is an accelerated program that can allow you to earn your BSN in as little as 16 months.
The RN to BS Completion Program - A program for those who hold an Associate of Science in Nursing degree or for the Diploma nurse who wishes to continue his or her education for professional and personal growth. This curriculum track also provides a foundation for master’s level study in nursing. Regis offers a Registered Nurse to Master of Science in Nursing Bridge program. Courses are offered during the day, in the evening, on weekends, and during the summer.
Fast Track to a Master's at Regis College
Students can obtain a dual BSN and MSN in nursing in five years by taking up to three courses for graduate credit while completing the bachelor’s degree. Graduate courses count towards both degrees. GRE is waived for 3.0 undergraduate GPA.
Master Degree Paths
- MS Acute Care Clinical Nurse Specialist - Adult Geriatrics
- MS in Nursing Leadership/Clinical Research
- MS in Nursing Leadership/Health Administration
- MS in Nursing Leadership/Health Informatics
- MS in Nursing Leadership/Health Policy
- MS in Nurse Practitioner
- RN to BS to MS - Upward Mobility
- RN to MS in Nursing (for current RNs holding a previous non-nursing Bachelor's)
- Online MS in Nursing
Accelerated Nurse Practitioner BS/MS in Nursing for Non-Nurse College Graduates
If you hold a bachelor’s degree in a non-nurse subject and would like to change careers, Regis College offers an accelerated BS to MS program. The program is designed to prepare you for the Registered Nurse licensure examination and to qualify for the advanced nursing practice certification. You will sit for the NCLEX exam after just 16 months of study and earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree at the end of the second year. By the third year you will complete a specialty track and earn your Master of Science in Nursing degree.
MS - Nurse Practitioner
There is a shortage of nurses and a shortage of physicians caring for an aging population. The demand for nurse practitioners has never been greater. The program at Regis College prepares the graduate level nurse for this vital role in patient care.
The Regis MS Nurse Practitioner prepares for certification in one of the following primary care nurse practitioner tracks:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
- Acute Care Clinical Nurse Specialist - Adult Geriatrics
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist
There are certifications available such as Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, or Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner with a primary care focus.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
A Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is for the nurse who wants to help lead change in healthcare policy and improve outcomes for the most vulnerable populations. The Regis College Doctor of Nursing Practice program will help assist you with the necessary skills for nursing leadership and nursing education.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (Post-BS Option)
There is an option available for nurses who hold a bachelor's degree in nursing and are ready to take their career to the next level. The Regis College Doctor of Nursing Practice-Post BS Option gives the nurse an opportunity to complete a DNP straight from a BSN.
- Norwood Hospital
- Brigham and Women’s Faulkner
- Boston Medical Center
NCLEX 2018 Pass Rates
- BSN - 89%
- Direct Entry MSN - 97%
- LMH/Regis College ASN - 83%
Regis College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
The BSN, MSN, and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
US News & World Report (2018-2019)
- #155 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Master's
- #142 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice (tie)
- #132 in Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs
- Safest College Campuses in America #145
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #253
- Most Liberal Colleges in America #365
- Best Value Colleges in America #719
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #1,082
- Best Colleges for Nursing in Massachusetts #7
- Safest College Campuses in Massachusetts #8
- Most Liberal Colleges in Massachusetts #29
- Best Value Colleges in Massachusetts #44
- Most Diverse Colleges in Massachusetts #47
- Best Value Colleges in Boston Area #27
The Princeton Review has listed Regis College in their 2018 "Best Northeastern" category.
Regis College is ranked #49 slot in the Best Colleges for the Money in Massachusetts by College Factual (2018).
Student'sReview.com has listed Regis College in their Best Nursing Programs in Massachusetts (2018).
Edited by sirI