Accredited Public NonProfit
BSN DNP MSN RN-to-MSN RN-to-BSN Entry-Level BSN MSN-to-DNP MSN to PhD CNL NP PhD BSN-to-PhD Accelerated BSN Post-grad Certificate Other
- Location(s) New York
- Telephone 1-914-773-3552
- Request Information
In 1906, Pace University, a private institution, was founded. Pace University is located in New York City and the Westchester campus is located in Pleasantville, New York. The Lienhard School of Nursing was established in 1966.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
The Lienhard School of Nursing Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is a traditional 4-year program that consists of nursing classes starting in the freshman year and clinicals beginning in the sophomore year. This is traditionally sooner than most programs. Throughout the sophomore year, students participate in clinical simulation that continues until graduation.
RN to BSN - Online
RNs who hold an active license and an associate's degree or diploma in nursing are eligible for the RN-BS program that is 100% online.
Those who hold a bachelor's degree in another field other than nursing have the option to enroll in the iPace BS in Nursing Completion program and obtain a 2nd bachelor's degree. The program prepares the student to matriculate into one of the available graduate nursing programs.
RN Bridge Program to Advanced Degree
RNs who hold a bachelor's degree in a field other than nursing and would like to transition into a graduate advanced level program can take part in the Bridge Program to an Advanced Degree. The RN Bridge program includes the following courses: undergraduate statistics, nursing research, and courses surrounding nursing practice.
Students have an option to bridge into the Professional Nurse Leadership (PNL) program or the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program.
Family Nurse Practitioner MS
The Family Nurse Practitioner program at Pace offers a 42-credit master of science degree and a 78-credit advanced standing FNP-DNP. Students have the ability to complete the MS-FNP and begin practicing as a family nurse practitioner. The student can apply if he or she is currently an FNP and take additional courses to become an FNP-DNP. There is also a certificate of advanced graduate study for masters prepared nurses wanting to pursue family nurse practitioner studies (36 credits), as well as nurse practitioners desiring to expand their practice through family nurse practitioner education and certification.
The FNP-DNP program is designed for family nurse practitioners (FNPs). Pace also has an option for primary care, adult, pediatric, geriatric, and women's health nurse practitioners with master's degrees wanting to obtain FNP certification as an FNP-DNP. This program requires a minimum of 500 supervised clinical practice hours during the program.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (FNP-DNP)
Advanced standing FNP-DNP
Advanced standing Adult Acute Care NP-DNP
The DNP program is offered as a part-time curriculum over three years in a blended learning format that includes the classroom and online. Students meet on campus 5 times per semester with the remaining coursework completed online. New York City downtown campus is where classes meet.
Admission Criteria (not all-inclusive)
- Graduate of accredited advanced practice nursing master's degree program
- Minimum 3.3 GPA in master's degree program in nursing or equivalent professional experience
- Current NY State RN license
- Certified/board eligible as family nurse practitioner or adult acute care nurse practitioner
- Professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from each academic institution attended
- NOTE: GRE or Miller Analogy is not required
Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Requirements (not all-inclusive)
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies: Master's-prepared primary care nurse practitioners (FNP, ANP, GNP, WHNP) currently practicing in an acute care environment.
DNP: Current masters-prepared adult acute care nurse practitioners
After graduation, students are eligible to take the adult/gero acute care certification exam.
Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AACNP) and Doctor of Nursing Practice (AACNP-DNP)
All programs share a common 24-credit Core Curriculum with 12 credits of graduate core and 12 credits of advanced nursing science core, which includes advanced patho, pharm, and physical assessment. After completion of these credits, the student may become certified in another specialty.
Professional Nursing Leadership
The Professional Nursing Leadership program is a new program at Pace that focuses on quality and safety assessments and improvement strategies.
Graduates of this program are eligible for national certification as a Clinical Nurse Leader.
The program is a 42-credit master's program for nurses with a BS in Nursing or a 36-credit Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) for masters prepared nurses. Students are not required to have clinical experience for the program, therefore current BS in Nursing students pending graduation can apply. Both the MS and the CAGS are in an executive format with online learning coupled with convenient on-campus sessions.
Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
The PhD in Nursing program is for the nurse who wants to concentrate on research. Pace's PhD program is the only one in the mid-Hudson region.
Admission Criteria (not all-inclusive)
- Bachelor's degree and master's degree, at least one of which is in nursing
- Statement of career/research goals
- Portfolio on professional contributions
- Interview in person or via Skype with the Nursing Admissions Committee
- On-site writing example
- Transcripts from all post-secondary education
US News & World Report (2019-2020)
- #202 (tie) in National Universities
- #34 (tie) in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #41 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs
- #113 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Master's
- #109 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice
The Princeton Review (2020)
- The Best 385 Colleges
- Best Northeastern
- #400 Top Colleges
- #400 in Private Colleges
- #172 in Research Universities
- #400 in the Northeast
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #47 of 1,583
- Best College Locations in America #55 of 1,607
- Most Liberal Colleges in America #24 of 1692
- Safest College Campuses in America #141 of 1,357
- Top Private Universities in America #398 of 975
- Best Value Colleges in America #432 of 1,590
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #556 of 1,542
- Best College Dorms in America #561 of 1,370
- Best Colleges in America #619 of 1,647
- Most Diverse Colleges in New York #5 of 126
- Safest College Campuses in New York #11 of 90
- Best College Dorms in New York #17 of 102
- Best College Locations in New York #19 of 123
- Most Liberal Colleges in New York #21 of 84
- Top Private Universities in New York #40 of 91
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in New York #41 of 121
- Best Value Colleges in New York #48 of 121
- Best Colleges in New York #61 of 131
- Best Value Colleges in New York City Area #30 of 83
- Best Colleges in New York City Area #37 of 89
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the baccalaureate degree in nursing, master's degree in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice.
Pace University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
NCLEX 2018 Pass Rates
New York ASDBS - 92.3%
Pleasantville BSN - 95.5%