- NCLEX Pass Rate 92
- Location St. Louis, Missouri
- Programs BSN, DNP, MSN, RN-to-BSN, LPN-to-BSN, Entry-Level BSN, MSN-to-DNP, NP, BSN-to-DNP, Post-grad Certificate, Other
- Website URL Visit Website
Maryville University, founded in 1872, is one of the oldest institutions in the region.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Traditional - students enter as a freshman
Part-time adult online program
Fast Track - for transfer students who have the 65 credits of liberal arts and science coursework including the core courses completed
The traditional program is completed on full-time status and during the day. The Fast Track and part-time programs are done through Adult and Online Education. Clinical hours are completed during the day, weekend and evenings. Students are responsible for their own transportation to the clinical site. There is a challenging process for the LPN applicants who would like to earn a BSN and the LPN will receive 2 credits.
Admission Requirements - Traditional Day (not all inclusive)
- Minimum cumulative high school and college (if applicable) GPA of 3.25 OR ACT composite score of 23 with sub-scores in science and math of at least 20/SAT score range 1100-1190
- Minimum science/math high school GPA of 3.0
- Advanced placement in the traditional baccalaureate nursing program is available for transfer students with college credit - Science courses must have been completed within the last seven years
Admission Requirements - Fast Track Program (not all inclusive)
- 65 Credits of general education requirements must be completed
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.25 in all coursework - Science courses must have been completed within the last seven (7) years
Admission Requirements - Adult and Online Program (not all inclusive)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Core GPA of 3.0 which includes Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, Chemistry, Statistics, Lifespan Development, the equivalent of ENGL-104 and MATH-115/116 - Science courses must have been completed within the last seven (7) years
- Minimum of 12 credits of coursework at Maryville University must be completed with a minimum 3.0 GPA
Admission Requirements for the RN to the BSN Nursing Program (not all inclusive)
Current unencumbered licensure as an RN
Cumulative college GPA of 2.5
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
The Master of Science in Nursing at the Maryville University Nursing Program offers a 41-47 credit hour program.
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (on ground/online)
Family Nurse Practitioner (on ground/online)
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (on ground/online)
Pediatric (Primary Care) Nurse Practitioner (online only)
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (online only)
There are also post-master's certificate options for these concentrations. The curriculum is designed for flexibility and balance for work and life on a full- or part-time basis, with classes offered in the evening or online.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- BSN from ACEN/CCNE accredited program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Current unencumbered RN license
- Three letters of recommendation
- Copy of curriculum vitae/resume
- 500-word essay outlining the applicant’s reasons for pursuing a career as a nurse practitioner and plans to use the master’s education to affect patient outcomes
The online program options include: The Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric (Primary Care) Nurse Practitioner, and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner programs. All specialties have post-master's options.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Post-Master’s DNP - ONLINE
The online post master's DNP program consists of 33 credits over five semesters. The program has been designed for certified advanced practice nurses to be experts in specialized advanced nursing practice (AACN, 2006).
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (PPCNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
The BSN-DNP program is comprised of 68 to 74 credits; the specific concentration(s) has/have different credit qualifications. After completion, students are eligible to take the certification examination for their respective specialty.
Post-MSN Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- MS or MSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited nursing program
- Current board certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse
- Minimum 3.25 GPA in MSN program
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae
- Interview upon request
BSN-DNP Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- BSN from ACEN/CCNE accredited nursing program
- Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae/resume
Accreditation and Approval
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the baccalaureate degree in nursing, the master’s degree in nursing, the Doctor of Nursing Practice, and the post-graduate ARPN certificate at the Maryville University Catherine McAuley School of Nursing.
Maryville University of Saint Louis is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
The Missouri State Board of Nursing approved the Catherine McAuley School of Nursing.
US News & World Report (2019)
- #177 (tie) in National Universities
- #227 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs
- #118-#154 in Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #29 of 599Best College Campuses in America #54 of 1,408Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #105 of 1,542Best Small Colleges in America #125 of 997Best College Locations in America #134 of 1,553Top Private Universities in America #221 of 975Best Value Colleges in America #319 of 1,590Best Colleges in America #336 of 1,647Most Conservative Colleges in America #379 of 725Most Diverse Colleges in America #525 of 1,592Colleges with the Best Academics in America #749 of 1,591Safest College Campuses in Missouri #1 of 38Best Colleges for Nursing in Missouri #2 of 19Best College Locations in Missouri #3 of 40Best College Campuses in Missouri #3 of 38Colleges with the Best Student Life in Missouri #3 of 38Best Small Colleges in Missouri #4 of 24Top Private Universities in Missouri #6 of 27Best Value Colleges in Missouri #9 of 39Most Diverse Colleges in Missouri #9 of 39Best Colleges in Missouri #10 of 40Most Conservative Colleges in Missouri #15 of 32Colleges with the Best Academics in Missouri #21 of 40Best Colleges in St. Louis Area #4 of 12Best Value Colleges in St. Louis Area #4 of 12
- #476 Top Colleges
- #313 in Private Colleges
- #191 in Research Universities
- #107 in the Midwest
MONEY Magazine ranked Maryville Univesity #429 Best Colleges For Your Money (2018-2019).
Kiplinger named Maryville University one of the best values in private colleges (2017).
Edited by Joe V