- NCLEX Pass Rate 92
- Location St. Louis, Missouri
- Programs BSN, DNP, MSN, RN-to-BSN, LPN-to-BSN, Entry-Level BSN, MSN-to-DNP, NP, BSN-to-DNP, Post-grad Certificate, Other
- Website URL Visit Website
Maryville University, a nationally recognized private institution, was founded in 1872 and is one of the oldest institutions in the region.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Traditional - students enter as a freshman
Part-time adult online program
Fast Track - for transfer students who have the 65 credits of liberal arts and science coursework including the core courses completed
The traditional program is completed on full-time status and during the day. The Fast Track and part-time programs are done through Adult and Online Education. Clinical hours are completed during the day, weekend and evenings. Students are responsible for their own transportation to the clinical site. There is a challenging process for the LPN applicants who would like to earn a BSN and the LPN will receive 2 credits.
Admission Requirements - Traditional Day (not all-inclusive)
- Minimum cumulative high school and college (if applicable) GPA of 3.25 OR ACT composite score of 23 with sub-scores in science and math of at least 20/SAT score range 1100-1190
- Minimum science/math high school GPA of 3.0
- Advanced placement in the traditional baccalaureate nursing program is available for transfer students with college credit - Science courses must have been completed within the last seven years
Admission Requirements - Fast Track Program (not all-inclusive)
- 65 Credits of general education requirements must be completed
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.25 in all coursework - Science courses must have been completed within the last seven (7) years
Admission Requirements - Adult and Online Program (not all-inclusive)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Core GPA of 3.0 which includes Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, Chemistry, Statistics, Lifespan Development, the equivalent of ENGL-104 and MATH-115/116 - Science courses must have been completed within the last seven (7) years
- Minimum of 12 credits of coursework at Maryville University must be completed with a minimum 3.0 GPA
Admission Requirements for the RN to the BSN Nursing Program (not all-inclusive)
Current unencumbered licensure as an RN
Cumulative college GPA of 2.5
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
The Master of Science in Nursing at the Maryville University Nursing Program offers a 41-47 credit hour program.
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (on-ground/online)
Family Nurse Practitioner (on-ground/online)
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (on-ground/online)
Pediatric (Primary Care) Nurse Practitioner (online only)
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (online only)
There are also post-master's certificate options for these concentrations. The curriculum is designed for flexibility and balance for work and life on a full- or part-time basis, with classes offered in the evening or online.
Admission Requirements (not all-inclusive)
- BSN from ACEN/CCNE accredited program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Current unencumbered RN license
- Three letters of recommendation
- Copy of curriculum vitae/resume
- 500-word essay outlining the applicant’s reasons for pursuing a career as a nurse practitioner and plans to use the master’s education to affect patient outcomes
The online program options include the following: Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric (Primary Care) Nurse Practitioner, and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner programs. All specialties have post-master's options.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Post-Master’s DNP - ONLINE
The online post master's DNP program consists of 33 credits over five semesters. The program has been designed for certified advanced practice nurses to be experts in specialized advanced nursing practice (AACN, 2006).
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (PPCNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
The BSN-DNP program is comprised of 68 to 74 credits; the specific concentration(s) has/have different credit qualifications. After completion, students are eligible to take the certification examination for their respective specialties.
Post-MSN Admission Requirements (not all-inclusive)
- MS or MSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited nursing program
- Current board certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse
- Minimum 3.25 GPA MSN program
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae
- Interview upon request
BSN-DNP Admission Requirements (not all-inclusive)
- BSN from ACEN/CCNE accredited nursing program
- Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae/resume
Accreditation and Approval
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the baccalaureate degree in nursing, the master’s degree in nursing, the Doctor of Nursing Practice, and the post-graduate ARPN certificate at the Maryville University Catherine McAuley School of Nursing.
Maryville University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
The Missouri State Board of Nursing approved the Catherine McAuley School of Nursing.
US News & World Report (2019-2020)
- #202 (tie) in National Universities
- #152 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs
- #85 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans
- #118-#154 in Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs
- #132-#173 in Best Online Master's in Nursing Programs
- #176 (tie) in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #26 of 618
- Best Small Colleges in America #124 of 984
- Safest College Campuses in America #154 of 1,379
- Best College Locations in America #167 of 1,607
- Top Private Universities in America #215 of 958
- Best Colleges in America #324 of 1,626
- Best Value Colleges in America #370 of 1,592
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #380 of 1,583
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #405 of 1,692
- Best Colleges for Nursing in Missouri #2 of 19
- Best Small Colleges in Missouri #3 of 24
- Top Private Universities in Missouri #5 of 27
- Safest College Campuses in Missouri #6 of 36
- Most Diverse Colleges in Missouri #8 of 38
- Best Colleges in Missouri #9 of 40
- Best College Locations in Missouri #9 of 39
- Best Value Colleges in Missouri #10 of 39
- Most Conservative Colleges in Missouri #17 of 41
- Best Colleges in St. Louis Area #3 of 11
- Best Value Colleges in St. Louis Area #4 of 11
- #421 Top Colleges
- #280 in Private Colleges
- #178 in Research Universities
- #94 in the Midwest
MONEY Magazine ranked Maryville Univesity #538 Best Colleges For Your Money (2019-2020).
Kiplinger named Maryville University one of the best values in private colleges (2017).
Edited by sirI