- Location Richmond, Virginia
- Programs ASN/ADN, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College (Reynolds Community College), opened in 1972, is named in honor of the late Lieutenant Governor of the State, J. Sargeant Reynolds. Today, the college has branched into three campuses, Parham Road, Downtown, and Goochland, establishing itself as the third largest in the Virginia Community College System.
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS)
After graduating from the program, students are eligible to apply for the licensing examination (NCLEX-RN) and be licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in his/her state.
Admission/Application Requirements (not all-inclusive)
- High school, GED, or certificate of completion of homeschooling transcripts
- Completion of one unit of high school biology, high school Chemistry, high school or college algebra - all with a grade of “C” or better
- Completion of Reynolds’ English and mathematics placement tests and all required developmental courses based on the test results
- Submission of official college transcripts. Transfer courses must match courses offered at Reynolds and have a grade of "C" or above
- Kaplan Nursing Admission Test with a reading score of at least 73 percent, a math score of at least 75 percent, a science score of at least 55 percent, and a writing score of at least 52 percent.
- Attend a Registered Nurse Information session within six (6) months of applying to the program
- Non-nursing courses must be completed prior to or concurrent with the approved curriculum sequence
- Current American Heart Association CPR BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification before Clinicals
- Criminal background check and drug screen prior to clinical practicum
LPN to Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS) – LPN to RN
The LPN to AAS degree in Nursing is for those who are active LPNs and would like to earn an AAS degree in Nursing. After completing the required courses, the graduate will be eligible to make application to take the NCLEX-RN licensure exam and be licensed as a Registered Nurse in his/her state.
There is a part-time evening/weekend and full-time program. The full-time is offered during daytime hours, as well as clinical hours. Students are admitted to the program in the Spring. It is recommended not to work full time if the desire is to complete the program in two years or four semesters.
Every Spring, the admission for part-time evening/weekend program is available. This option is for students who are able to commit 10-14 hours a week to class and clinical time. For this program, students are able to complete the curriculum in just over three (3) years.
Admission/application requirements are the same as for the AAS program.
J. Sargent Reynolds Community College is listed as one of the top online community colleges in Virginia.
- #149 Community College (out of 521; top 30%) in USA
- #9 Community College in Virginia
Accreditation and Approval
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program at Reynolds Community College School of Nursing and Allied Health.
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited the LPN to RN program.
J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
The Virginia State Board of Nursing approved the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program.
The Virginia State Board of Nursing approved the LPN to RN program at J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College School of Nursing and Allied Health.
|AAS RN Traditional||LPN to RN Traditional||LPN to RN Evening/weekend/part-time|