SCC/ARC Fall 2021 Sac City/American River College

Posted

You are reading page 11 of SCC/ARC Fall 2021 Sac City/American River College. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Junebug

Junebug

1 Post

Hi all, I received an email for SCC that I am on the alternate list for Spring 2022  around 1:30PM today. Wanted to see if anyone knows the process of being on the alternate list? This is my 3rd attempt in applying for nursing program at SCC, and my application status still says app received, no updates. Good luck everyone!

sam1798

sam1798

Specializes in nursing hopeful. 2 Posts

for those of you accepted, just curious how many times you've previously applied?

Tanya D

Tanya D

Specializes in Certified Medical Assistant. Has 7 years experience. 58 Posts

24 minutes ago, sam1798 said:

for those of you accepted, just curious how many times you've previously applied?

Second time to ARC and first time to SCC

Tanya D

Tanya D

Specializes in Certified Medical Assistant. Has 7 years experience. 58 Posts

For those who got accepted, how did you return your letter? Did you sign it electronically or printed out signed and emailed them back?

Thank you

akulahawkRN, ADN, RN, EMT-P

Specializes in Emergency Department. Has 7 years experience. 3,488 Posts

12 hours ago, Tanya D said:

Hey everyone, just got an acceptance email for SCC. Good luck everyone!

I think this is the week that were going to be seeing the acceptance letters from SCC. I suspect that the acceptance letters will be among the first letters to go out, probably around Thursday I think the other letters will go out. Knowing how they do things, I think we will have all of the letters out circulating amongst all the applicants by Saturday. ARC I believe follows a similar schedule. Good luck to all!

Rae G

Rae G

30 Posts

36 minutes ago, akulahawkRN said:

I think this is the week that were going to be seeing the acceptance letters from SCC. I suspect that the acceptance letters will be among the first letters to go out, probably around Thursday I think the other letters will go out. Knowing how they do things, I think we will have all of the letters out circulating amongst all the applicants by Saturday. ARC I believe follows a similar schedule. Good luck to all!

I think that they do everything via email. The SCC website says that accepted and waitlisted students will receive an email and non accept students will not. I got an acceptance email on 4/20 but I’m not sure if they finished or if it will continue into next week. Good luck to all! 

akulahawkRN, ADN, RN, EMT-P

Specializes in Emergency Department. Has 7 years experience. 3,488 Posts

1 minute ago, Rae G said:

I think that they do everything via email. The SCC website says that accepted and waitlisted students will receive an email and non accept students will not. I got an acceptance email on 4/20 but I’m not sure if they finished or if it will continue into next week. Good luck to all! 

They likely will finish sending out their acceptance emails later today if they haven't sent them all out yesterday. They're only going to send out something like 60-ish letters of acceptance. COVID 19 may have reduced this number temporarily. They also do select their "alternates" and those notifications should also go out shortly, if they haven't already sent them. The video on their website says that "all students will be notified of their status" so you'll likely get a reject letter if you weren't selected. They do NOT have a waiting list and alternates aren't guaranteed a seat as far as I'm aware. Being an alternate is pretty much the worst status because you're in a limbo status and you have to be ready to accept and do stuff at a moment's notice...

I graduated from that program and I've applied many times before I got in. I was almost always notified about 7 weeks after close of the filing period. This is that week. 

Katieh11

Katieh11

214 Posts

3 hours ago, akulahawkRN said:

They likely will finish sending out their acceptance emails later today if they haven't sent them all out yesterday. They're only going to send out something like 60-ish letters of acceptance. COVID 19 may have reduced this number temporarily. They also do select their "alternates" and those notifications should also go out shortly, if they haven't already sent them. The video on their website says that "all students will be notified of their status" so you'll likely get a reject letter if you weren't selected. They do NOT have a waiting list and alternates aren't guaranteed a seat as far as I'm aware. Being an alternate is pretty much the worst status because you're in a limbo status and you have to be ready to accept and do stuff at a moment's notice...

I graduated from that program and I've applied many times before I got in. I was almost always notified about 7 weeks after close of the filing period. This is that week. 

Someone said they got an alternate spot for SSC yesterday, and people got accepted to Fall and someone else said Spring. So I'm guessing they gave out all of their acceptances and alternate spots yesterday. 

But I really hope not!

Some peoples status turned to qualified for ARC yesterday. Mine did not and still says received.

I'm feeling a tad bummed that I haven't seen movement, but hopeful today something will change, or at least know I am out this round.

Edited by Katieh11

Dee145

Dee145

5 Posts

1 hour ago, Katieh11 said:

Someone said they got an alternate spot for SSC yesterday, and people got accepted to Fall and someone else said Spring. So I'm guessing they gave out all of their acceptances and alternate spots yesterday. 

But I really hope not!

Some peoples status turned to qualified for ARC yesterday. Mine did not and still says received.

I'm feeling a tad bummed that I haven't seen movement, but hopeful today something will change, or at least know I am out this round.

I received a rejection letter for SCC LVN program yesterday. So I assume they send rejection letters to the RN program. Still waiting to hear back from the RN program. 

Katieh11

Katieh11

214 Posts

1 hour ago, Dee145 said:

I received a rejection letter for SCC LVN program yesterday. So I assume they send rejection letters to the RN program. Still waiting to hear back from the RN program. 

I'm assuming we will get rejection letters today or tomorrow considering people said they were accepted for fall, Spring, and alternate spots for SSC.

 

Still no movement for me for ARC, I'm guessing that means it's a no since people qualified yesterday, but hopeful that could change today... fingers crossed for ARC!

Blueberryfairy27

Blueberryfairy27

40 Posts

Mine still says received for ARC. But I know that I had 70 points. So I don’t know what to think right now. Hopefully it will change by the end of the day today.

ma90

ma90

146 Posts

Still waiting..mine still says received for arc and scc

Edited by maleyka aliyeva