Jump to content

Practicing under temporary license

by lovelyme33 lovelyme33 (New) New

I am in nursing school in one state but planning to practice in another state. How long can I work under the temporary license before having to take the NCLEX and how would I apply for a temporary license?

traumaRUs, MSN, APRN, CNS

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU. Has 27 years experience.

Depends on the state where you plan to move to.

Finishing school in Alabama, moving to GEORGIA.

classicdame, MSN, EdD

Specializes in Hospital Education Coordinator.

I recommend you get your license in the same state in which you graduate (and take NCLEX). The paper trail is much easier to follow and may save you lots of stress and time (and $). Then all you will need to do is get a reciprocal license in the next state. If both are compact states you will be able to work in State #2 with State #1 license, until you establish a permanent address.

This topic is now closed to further replies.