Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center PVHMC Nurse Residency Program Winter 2024

Nurses New Nurse

Published

Has anyone applied to the Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (PVHMC) Nurse Residency Program for Winter 2024. I figured I would start a forum people could join and keep track of application and interview updates. ?

I have an update. someone in my school's fb group said interviews for LnD were last week and that the week prior they called to let you know if you were already hired. this is for LnD so not sure about other units.

kaiwaila said:

I have an update. someone in my school's fb group said interviews for LnD were last week and that the week prior they called to let you know if you were already hired. this is for LnD so not sure about other units.

That makes sense. By the looks of their website, it seems they are needing LD and TELE nurses so I am sure they have prioritized those applications.

Specializes in ICU.

I had my interview on jan 19th. It was my second attempt. I got in ICU? The people that interview us was tele,med surg and ICU. The 22nd they had more interviews but not sure what department. 

I always suggest message back with a thank you, ask what can make you considered candidate in the future ?

Keep applying at other hospitals! 

 

Did all of you guys who got interviews work there before (volunteer, clinicals etc)? 

Specializes in ICU.

There was a few new grads who did their cliniclas there. I never had clinicals, worked or volunteered there. 

Nursebritt said:

I had my interview on jan 19th. It was my second attempt. I got in ICU? The people that interview us was tele,med surg and ICU. The 22nd they had more interviews but not sure what department. 

I always suggest message back with a thank you, ask what can make you considered candidate in the future ?

Keep applying at other hospitals! 

 

love the kind words <3 I applied to NICU, LnD and PP and I have a lot of related certs and home health/kids experience but someone from my cohort got an interview for NICU with no related experience, no internal connections, or certifications at all except for volunteering to work with kids. I'm just super let down because it was my first choice when I didn't even get pulled over someone who doesn't check the boxes. I know its not my resume that's a problem because I have gotten calls back from other hospitals except for PVHMC. but of course, I am always open to future cycles and will always look at my other options!

Specializes in ICU.

Make your self stand out, especially to the HR
and employment specialist. Tell them you appreciate the opportunity and hope to be apart of their team. Ask what can you do to be
considered next time. Do this to all the
hospitals you apply to,most will tell you to
message them on next application opening so they can get you an interview. They have over hundreds to thousands of new grads applying. Shine bright, make them notice you!?

 

Those who interviewed, are you guys all licensed already?

Specializes in ICU.

The ones that interviewed with me, 3 didn't and 2 of  us were licensed. I don't know what the result was for the ones not licensed. I'm licensed but I was the only one with 6 months experience as an RN.

Congrats to those who got an offer! Did you guys get your official offer letter or the details about start date, pay, etc. yet? 

Specializes in ICU.

I actually called and asked how they were going to deliver the news. I Spoke to the employee specialist (same person who gave my interview date for residency) and she told me on the phone I was accepted in ICU. I met with her in person on Tuesday to send my gratitude and she said she will call and let me know on the details becuase they are still putting it together?

Nursebritt said:

I actually called and asked how they were going to deliver the news. I Spoke to the employee specialist (same person who gave my interview date for residency) and she told me on the phone I was accepted in ICU. I met with her in person on Tuesday to send my gratitude and she said she will call and let me know on the details becuase they are still putting it together?

Thank you so much!:)

+ Add a Comment