Requirements for bilingual nurse to move to UK?

  1. Hi there, i sort of stumbled along this thread while on here and wondered if anyone here would be able to help me. To cut a long story short I have a wonderful friend who was born, and trained to be a nurse in France, however she speaks English fluently and is an absolutely wonderful nurse. Luckily enough for me my wonderful friend after years of deliberating has decided that she would like to move to the UK, and whilst she's here she wishes to continue working in the medical profession as a nurse. However I was talking to another friend about it recently and she sent me a link to this page (OET & English Language Tests for UK Nurses | HCL Workforce ) which seems to suggest that she has to take some sort of test as she was not trained in an English speaking country, however she is fluent in English, and so I was wondering if or not this still applies to her? If so then I need to let her know asap so she can look at taking it! I appreciate that people might not know the answer to this query but I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could shed some light - thank you everyone!
  2. Visit Izzyloveslife profile page

    About Izzyloveslife

    Joined: Nov '17; Posts: 2


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    If trained within the EU then get your friend check out this link Trained in the EU or EEA

    Language usually is required either NMC or by the government if English is not the first language