Nursing Programs in the UK

  1. Hello! I am a (new) Registered Nurse, with a BSN from a US school, and I am a US citizen. I would like to continue my education, MSN or DNP or other post-bachelor's nursing degree, in England. I plan to come back to the States upon completion. I don't even know where to start! How can I find out what programs will be accepted here in the States when I am done? Does anyone recommend any particular school? Can international students work in the UK with a student visa? There is information out there for nurses who train in one country and want to work in another, but I have not found information for this situation in particular - going to the UK for school but coming right back to the States. Any information would be much appreciated!
  2. Visit sarahdc profile page

    About sarahdc

    Joined: Jan '13; Posts: 4


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    Most universities have a health studies section where you can do MSN or other post grad courses however usually part time and this generally doesn't meet student visa requirements. Students can work on student visa (have to apply for permission I believe) however restrictions are there with x hours during term and x hours out of term. Whether it is accepted once you get back to the US will depend on state BON

    Check the UK borders website on what you can and can't do on a student visa UK Border Agency | Studying in the UK
  4. by   Raychee7
    Hello. Just wondering if anyone out there has done a masters in nursing at a UK school after a bsn in the states? If so, how did you like it? Did you work during the program? Thanks in advance!