I passed NCLEX, and just got my RN license right away, but I'm now having doubts.
-2005, I was arrested for an $11 check w/o funds I wrote in 2001. I had relocated and didn't know about it until my arrest.
- I was bonded out
- Completed a special municipal program for single moms and paid the $11 to the vendor (plus the cost of the prog. and court fees).
- The judge told me this program was to eliminate barriers to employment /education /state benefits, that the record will only show a traffic violation, and that I did not have to report it to anyone.
- The clerk gave me some papers saying they were the only record on the case, but I lost them.
-2010-2011: I was desperate for a job, applied as office staff everywhere (including hospitals), had no responses. Thought it was b/c I was leaving out this crime out. So I started including it. Then, I got 1 interview, that employer said nothing was found on my background, not even as a sealed record. So, I stopped including it in ALL applications.
-2014: Applied for nursing prog., left it out, background (State & Federal) had ZERO results.
-2016: Applied for NCLEX with Texas BON, and again left it out, background with ZERO results.
-I just ran my own background with State and County and still ZERO results.
Now that I'm out of school I reviewed the Jurisprudence with more time and feel like I made a big mistake
I'm so scared to even apply for a job, I fear they may find something and report me to the board, or they may still have my old application (I can't remember if I included this crime).
- How can I fix this, or is there any "fixing" at all?
- Is this something serious?
- Do hospitals go back that far?