Nurse's Assistant

Nurses General Nursing


Is there such a position ? I am going to school to become an RN. I would like to get into an entry level position (employee), involved with nursing. Any Ideas ?

Pete :rolleyes:


29 Posts

I may be wrong but you may be referring to nursing assistants or where I work, they are called PCAs. Some hospitals may even call them PCTs but whatever they call them, yes this is an entry level position into the medical field and will definitely help you out in nursing school and maybe even securing a job at the hospital and on the unit where you work. Good luck to you. :cool:


302 Posts


What you're talking about is usually called a CNA ( certified nursing assistant). I think being a CNA is an excellent way to get some first-hand experience. I believe if you don't like being a CNA, you wouldn't like being a nurse. Good Luck! :)


20 Posts

This is a great message board. I have been looking for good responsive board. I just want to thank you guys for the fast response. :D


72 Posts


I would suggest that you "float" or "volunteer" to be pulled to other units as a nursing assistant(or whatever it is called in your state) That way you will see how Many floors and units run and if the nurses know you want experience: they will pull you into interesting rooms to teach and show you many "cool things" Good Luck ! and enjoy the profession, there is NEVER a dull moment in Healthcare!..imaRN :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X