UK educated mental health RN wants to work as same in US

  1. Please advise if anyone knows the process for a US citizen who was educated in UK and has worked as a Mental Health RN in the UK to transfer back to the US and continue as Mental Health RN. I would like to move to Texas. Thank you for any help available.
  2. Visit sherryweb1 profile page

    About sherryweb1

    Joined: Aug '12; Posts: 1


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    the issues I see is meeting US requirements as US training is general unlike the UK whihc is specialised. Starting point would be applying to the state you plan on living and working and see what they make of your training and whether they will allow you to sit NCLEX wihtou making up courses.