NcleX from Washington.

  1. hi
    i am a foreign nurse and currently in seattle WA. I am planning to take a Nclex RN exam from here but before that i need to have a foreign education credential Evaluation like every foreign nurse. so i am not sure if i should do it from WA itself or from other states like CA or texas?? which would be easier and quicker?? Any idea? I would appreciate it if you could share any of your idea or experience. Thank you.
  2. Visit anastasiastha profile page

    About anastasiastha

    Joined: Mar '16; Posts: 8


  3. by   verene
    If you are planning to live and work in WA state it is likely best to get your initial credential in WA state so as not to waste time/money in having to endorse from another state. The NCLEX can be taken in any city or state that is convenient to you, and the scores sent to the state you wish to obtain liscensure in.

    This web-page has more information about the credentialing process in WA state: Nurse Licensing - Registered Nurse :: Washington State Department of Health
  4. by   anastasiastha
    Thank you so much for your reply and suggestion. i really appreciate it. One more question.. do you have any idea how long its gonna take for foreign nurse??
  5. by   Silverdragon102
    Most states require CES report by CGFNS or other accepted agency. I can only think of California who do their own assessment and NY who do CVS. On average looking at a 4-6 month process times before eligibility to sit NCLEX
  6. by   anastasiastha
    Thanks a lot !!!