Questions involving a recent job change...

  1. I recently decided to make a job change from working for a privately contracted company as a Nurse Practitioner to working as an Independent NP contractor. I will be responsible for taxes as I will receive a form1099 yearly, as well as providing my own Med. Malpractice insurance etc. I'm not sure if I should form a PLLC or just a LLC in this case, as well as whether I need to hire an accountant immediately for help in setting up my "Self Employed Business". I will primarily be working for one particular individual who is contracted to provide medical care in several Nursing Homes and similiar facilities. I am in Kentucky. Thanks in advance for any advice.
  2. Visit har031 profile page

    About har031

    Joined: Mar '13; Posts: 1


  3. by   mammac5
    Your situation is so particular and could have such financial consequences that you may not want any of our answers!

    I think your best course of action would be to sit down with a business/tax attorney and get some really solid advice concerning your 1099 status, what records you'll want to keep going forward for tax deductions, contract reviews, etc. And then come back and let us know how it goes because I'm really curious!