It's that time of year again....Annual evals are due and
I need to list a few measurable goals for myself and our ICU for the next year. Suggestions welcome!
Sep 5, '07
Pick goals that are:
1. Consistent with the hospital's big objectives.
2. Realistic -- Don't bite off more than you can achieve without too much stress. Life is hard enough without making it harder than it needs to be.
3. Pick stuff that is easy to measure. Making a nice graph to show your improvement over time always looks good regardless of what the topic is.
4. Pick stuff that the staff can support. Having their support will be a big help.
5. Pick stuff that you believe is good in your heart. That way, at least you will be happy with any success you have.
How about something to do with staff satisfaction? Improving something on that front can be a win-win for everyone.
Nov 9, '07
When I bacame a nurse manager, I found the following books helpful: Perfect Phrases for Performance Reviews and Perfect Phrases for Document Employee Performance Problems. The are divided into goals and/or area of performance. If nothing else, they provided me with a place to start. I purchased them at Books a Million. I did have to order them online. GOOD LUCK.
Nov 19, '07
Thanks for the books and advice.