Published Jun 11, 2009
Hello everyone! I just started the ADN program at Kaplan College almost a month ago, and so far so good. I realize that having a personal life is out of the question while in this program, because the program is quite demanding. Maybe not so much now, but it will be soon enough. I guess what I am looking for is any additional advice on time management, stress management, or even studying tips. We cover a lot of information and the program is accelerated, so any advice/tips would be helpful. Here are things I do, personally, that help me out a bit:
- I set an alarm for bedtime, around 10pm, just so I don't lose track of time or sleep.
- I've set an alarm that goes off everyday at 6am (my earliest class is at 9 and I live an hour away), even on the days I have later classes, just so I get use to getting up early, thus being ready and making it to school on time all the time.
- I run at least 30 minutes a day. Usually in the morning. It helps me wake up and gives me energy for most of the day.
- ALWAYS eat breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day. Otherwise, a growling stomach and lack of "brain food" could hinder your performance in school.
- I make lists for every class of everything I need to do, and as I do them I cross them off. The lists let me take a few things off my brain. I just need to remember to check the lists everyday.
- I try to look over my notes each day after class so it becomes instilled in my memory.
Those are just a few things I do off the top of my head. I don't know if my tips would help anyone, but they have helped me. Good luck to everyone and study well!:nuke::nuke::nuke:
Daytonite, BSN, RN
see, in the sticky threads:
By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X