License by endoresement or license by examination?

  1. Hello everyone!

    I need some advice. I'm currently in an ADN program in Kansas and will graduate next May. My husband and I would like to move to Nevada when I'm done with the program. Here's my question: Should I take the NCLEX-RN in Kansas and then apply to Nevada through endorsement, or should I go to Nervada and take the test there? If I go to Nevada, do I need to be a resident to sit for the exam or does it even matter? Which would be faster? I would like to get out there as soon as possible after graduation.

    Any information or advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Visit ksrnstudent profile page

    About ksrnstudent

    Joined: Dec '03; Posts: 71; Likes: 11
    new graduate nurse


  3. by   suzanne4
    If you know in advance that you will be relocating to Nevada after graduation, I would just apply to the BON for Nevada and save yourself the extra money. You can take the NCLEX in any state in the US or its possessions. You will be able to take the exam in Kansas before you even move. You just need the ATT (authorization to test) letter from the Nevada BON to be able to write the exam.

    Good luck...........................
  4. by   suzanne4
    License by examination for Nevada.................
  5. by   ksrnstudent
    Thanks, Suzanne! That helps...