Jump to content

Need any any all help. Want to start independent BSN RN practice.

I am an experienced hospital Pediatric nurse with extra knowledge of disabled children. I am a RN with BSN degree. I want to start my own practice providing in-home/respite care for medically challenged/disabled children where I live in central Wisconsin. I need all the help and advice I can get so I can get my practice up and going.



One of the first things you should do is talk to the healthcare licensing agency in your state (the state agency that licenses hospitals and other types of healthcare agencies, not the BON) and find out what kind of license you would need and what requirements you would have to meet to get licensed.

Since the kids you are talking about serving are often on Medicare or Medicaid, you would probably also want to look into what standards/requirements you would have to meet to be eligible for Medicaid/Medicare reimbursement.

Best wishes.

Great idea!

I am a DON of a pediatric home therapy company. We service children up to 18 yrs of age. We have a Medicare & Medicaid license. We accept traditional Medicaid and have contracts with three of the HMO's in Texas. It took 3-4 months to secure one contract with a HMO! It's lots and lots of paperwork but the rewards are great.

I am very interested in your progress.

Stephy, BSN, RN

This topic is now closed to further replies.

By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies.