Need help ncbon investigation


Hello, i was recently terminated, and have been turned in to the ncbon. They say i have 3 options. 1. Enter the ap program, which is for chemically dependent nurses 2. Have a full investigation by the ncbon and 3,voluntarily surrender my license for one year. The first option, the ap program, i just admit to having a chemical dependency problem and it is a 3 year program, but i have to admit guilt without eve know the charges i am being accused of.

My question is, if i take this option, will it prevent me from drawing unemployment. Because ubder the rues of the program, i cant work as a nurse for 3 months.

allnurses Guide

llg, PhD, RN

13,469 Posts

Specializes in Nursing Professional Development. Has 46 years experience.

You'll need to talk to attorney to help you evaluate your options. No one here can answer your questions as we are nurses, not attorneys. The laws vary from state to state -- and we do not know the details of your personal situation.

I strongly recommend you seek advice of an attorney who has experience in working with nurses in situations similar to yours.

Good luck to you.

rn/writer, RN

17 Articles; 4,168 Posts

Per the Terms of Service (link at the bottom of the page) we can't give legal advice.

Your best bet is to contact an attorney who has experience in handling nursing or substance abuse issues.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Hope you have a good outcome.

Thread closed.

This topic is now closed to further replies.