Jump to content

Need advise regarding SINP family member category

International   (1,312 Views 2 Comments)
by LOWIE LOWIE (New Member) New Member

LOWIE specializes in none.

613 Profile Views; 1 Post

:nurse:hi, Anybody here knows about Provincial nominee program of saskatchewan? I am a caregiver working in vancouver under the LCP canada for a year now but I am an RN last Dec. 2006. My aunt in saskatchewan is offering me a sponsorship under the family member category of the SINP(Sask.Prov'l.Nominee Prog.) Seriously, I really wanted to grab the opportunity given to me by my aunt, though I am wondering if my status as a caregiver will complicate my application if i pursue applying for SINP? Do I need to go home in the Philippines before submitting my application for the provincial nominee program?

I appreciate your kind advise. thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Silverdragon102 has 31 years experience as a BSN and specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

6 Followers; 1 Article; 38,818 Posts; 142,697 Profile Views

Moved to the International forum

I would suggest a good read with this link and assess where you are to whether you can apply or not. Being a carer may not be enough to meet requirements

this is what I found


To be considered for the SINP Family Members Category, you must:

1. Be between 18 - 49 years old.

2. Have a signed affidavit of support from one or more family members living in Saskatchewan (SINP-500-22).

3. Have completed post-secondary education, training, or apprenticeship of at least one year in length and have a diploma, a certificate, or a degree.

4. Have at least one year of work experience in your field of education or training.

5. Have the English language ability either to do the job you have been offered by a Saskatchewan employer or to get a job in your field of education or training.

6. Have a full-time, permanent job offer from a Saskatchewan Employer. (Live-in caregivers cannot apply under this category.) or intend to find full-time, permanent work in Saskatchewan and have enough money to live in the province for a short time without work after arrival ($10,000 for you and $2,000 for each accompanying family member).

and family member must

Applicants must have a relative who has been living in Saskatchewan for at least one year. They must be willing to provide applicants with assistance during the immigration process and after they arrive in Saskatchewan. These relatives are called supporting family members.

I would suggest a good read here http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/family/

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.