NCLEX-PN In Ontario?

World International


i have a question...

does anyone know if the rpn exam in ontario is called the nclex-pn? i know that's what the us of a has but is this what it's called in ontario?

i have been reading the forums of the lpn's in the states and just thought i'd see if anyone knew. as i understand it from my teacher, since ontario (college of nurses of ontario) changed to the diploma from the certificate (about i think 4 years ago) our scope of practice is larger and will be growing as time moves on. anyway, to get back on track, :uhoh3: i just thought i"d see if anyone knows if it is the same :rolleyes: or how long the exam is :rolleyes: did you have difficulty?.....


216 Posts

Specializes in Geriatrics.

ugh, don't quote me, but I think it is called CNAT or something. I definately know it is not NCLEX... Check a College website.


216 Posts

Specializes in Geriatrics.

to answer the second part, it is broken into two sessions am and afternoon. am was medications and afternoon was nursing component. I wrote in 97, so it may be different now. as for me, i walked out of there thinking i flunked, but i didn't.

suzanne4, RN

26,410 Posts

NCLEX is the National Licensure Examination for the United States only. It is a completely computerized exam.

The exam in Canada, is still pencil and paper and is under the jurisdiction of the provinces.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X