Jump to content

Moving to another state.

by Chrissynyit Chrissynyit (New) New

Hello everyone, I am currently an RN with my BSN reaching my one year mark in med surg, post graduation. I live in NY and am planning on moving to RI. I have no idea what to do first... Do I apply for positions first, then my licence? How long in advance do I give notice to my current institution? Any suggestions or personal advice would be greatly appreciated!

Rose_Queen, BSN, MSN, RN

Specializes in OR, education. Has 16 years experience.

Most places are going to want to see an active license. You can maintain licensure in your current state and apply for licensure by endorsement in the new state.