We are currently in clinicals (at a nursing home) for my nursing assistant class. So far I am enjoying 90% of my experience there (the other 10% from the bad attitudes the cnas give us sometimes). I am still deciding whether to pursue a career in nursing or medical informatics. All the lpn's I've talked to told me I should go straight for the rn & not the lpn. Those who are not working in healthfield were against nursing & told me that technology is where the jobs are & that I should do medical informatics. Some have advised me to work in health insurance industry. I have a degree in marketing but always volunteered my time doing home health, assisted living & fundraisers for various cancer & disease awareness. I did not enjoy sales but loved the volunteer work I did, which made me change careers to healthcare. I eventually plan to get my masters degree in healthcare management 3-5 yrs. I am looking forward to having a meaningful career where I am helping to make a positive change in this world by helping others. I want a respectable career that gives me a variety of things to do, excitement & makes me feel good at the end of the day. Can anyone give me advice? Especially what its REALLY like working as a RN or medical informatics? Also how is it different from nursing informatics? If it helps any Any advice on working while in school? Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you!