Jump to content

Manhattanville ABSN Spring 2021

Posted

Hi everyone! 

My name is Kaitlyn and I've applied to Manhattanville College's Accelerated BSN program for Spring 2021 admission. I am an alumnus of Mville and super excited that my alma mater has opened a new School of Nursing. 

Just wanted to create a thread to connect with anyone else who may be in the process of applying to the program! 

Best of luck to you all!

Hey I saw your post on another thread. Didn’t you get into NYU ABSN ‘20?

On 10/6/2020 at 2:27 AM, tropicalbreeze said:

Hey I saw your post on another thread. Didn’t you get into NYU ABSN ‘20?

Hey! Yes I did and I went to NYU for two semesters to complete the prerequisites and was meant to begin the ABSN program this Fall 2020 but sadly I withdrew from the program. I don't live in NYC and with everything going on with the pandemic I was not comfortable commuting into the city and working in the hospitals during clinicals and had to make the really difficult decision of leaving NYU. 

Manhattanville is my alma mater and I had a really wonderful undergraduate experience there so when I heard that they opened a School of Nursing it was an easy decision to transfer there. I also live in the same city as Manattanville so the commute is 100x easier for me and the tuition is half the cost! It was a hard decision to leave NYU but I have no regrets because Mville has been so kind and helpful during this whole process (which was another issue that I dealt with at a large competitive school like NYU - lack of support. I just felt like a number there.) Only downside has been that Mville has some different prerequisite requirements so I am currently working on completing those this semester and, if accepted, I will start at Mville SP 21'.

 

Anyways, are your applying to the program at Manhattanville too or NYU?!

13 hours ago, FutureNurseKaitlyn said:

Hey! Yes I did and I went to NYU for two semesters to complete the prerequisites and was meant to begin the ABSN program this Fall 2020 but sadly I withdrew from the program. I don't live in NYC and with everything going on with the pandemic I was not comfortable commuting into the city and working in the hospitals during clinicals and had to make the really difficult decision of leaving NYU. 

Manhattanville is my alma mater and I had a really wonderful undergraduate experience there so when I heard that they opened a School of Nursing it was an easy decision to transfer there. I also live in the same city as Manattanville so the commute is 100x easier for me and the tuition is half the cost! It was a hard decision to leave NYU but I have no regrets because Mville has been so kind and helpful during this whole process (which was another issue that I dealt with at a large competitive school like NYU - lack of support. I just felt like a number there.) Only downside has been that Mville has some different prerequisite requirements so I am currently working on completing those this semester and, if accepted, I will start at Mville SP 21'.

 

Anyways, are your applying to the program at Manhattanville too or NYU?!

wow. thanks for taking the time to reply back to me. and I'm so sorry you had to withdraw from nyu. 

I'm applying to nyu for the second time. last cycle I was rejected. may I ask how many students do they accept? 

maybe I should look into manhattanville too.. I need more options. this is my third year applying to schools. I usually apply to only one or two programs and end up being rejected so I think I should be smarter this time around and apply to as much schools as I can. 

Neece

Specializes in Patient care tech.

Hi Guys. I just applied to Manhattanville College BSN nursing program. I submitted all documentation. I am currently enrolled in wcc finishing up my prerequisites. I was told that if I get accepted in thr BSN at manhattanville I will have to transfer all together to finish up my pre-requisites. Which is not a problem for me at all. I'm wishing you guys all the best. I hope to hear something soon

Hi ! I am applying to both NYU and Manhattanville 

Neece

Specializes in Patient care tech.

Hii thats awesome. Wish you all best. Im still waiting to hear back. 

On 10/9/2020 at 12:03 AM, tropicalbreeze said:

wow. thanks for taking the time to reply back to me. and I'm so sorry you had to withdraw from nyu. 

I'm applying to nyu for the second time. last cycle I was rejected. may I ask how many students do they accept? 

maybe I should look into manhattanville too.. I need more options. this is my third year applying to schools. I usually apply to only one or two programs and end up being rejected so I think I should be smarter this time around and apply to as much schools as I can. 

Sure,  no problem! 

Sorry to hear that you haven't had luck getting into NYU in the past. They don't have a set capacity for how many students they accept per semester. It is quite a large program with upwards of ~200 students per cohort but can be competitive. 

Yeah I would definitely suggest applying elsewhere and to as may schools as possible for better chances. 

What are your stats?

Edited by FutureNurseKaitlyn

On 10/19/2020 at 11:27 AM, Neece said:

Hi Guys. I just applied to Manhattanville College BSN nursing program. I submitted all documentation. I am currently enrolled in wcc finishing up my prerequisites. I was told that if I get accepted in thr BSN at manhattanville I will have to transfer all together to finish up my pre-requisites. Which is not a problem for me at all. I'm wishing you guys all the best. I hope to hear something soon

Nice! Best of luck with your application - let us know if you get in!

Are you going from the accelerated program or the traditional 4-year BSN?

Edited by FutureNurseKaitlyn

On 10/20/2020 at 7:54 PM, abcdef said:

Hi ! I am applying to both NYU and Manhattanville 

Hey! Good for you and best of luck with everything! Let us know what happens and I'd be happy to answer any questions about either school because I've attended both 🙂

 

Edited by FutureNurseKaitlyn

Just got my acceptance letter to the ABSN program at Manhattanville last night!!

So excited to get started in the Spring! Anyone else hear anything yet?

Neece

Specializes in Patient care tech.

I'm going for the traditional. If I get accepted I would have to transfer to finish up my pre requisites at their school. But im sure it will be worth it. And okay I will let you know

Omgggg that's so awesome. They're waiting to receive my college transcripts. It was mailed to them last Friday so hopefully they get it today. Thats what's holding them up from letting me know if I got accepted or not. But so happy for you. Are you done with your prerequisites?

Neece

Specializes in Patient care tech.

Congratulations to you and also did they send it via email your acceptance letter?

Neece

Specializes in Patient care tech.

Hey just got my acceptance letter today for Bachelors Nursing program.so excited!! I start in February! And I got a 10,000 dollar scholarship!

On 10/26/2020 at 10:20 PM, Neece said:

Hey just got my acceptance letter today for Bachelors Nursing program.so excited!! I start in February! And I got a 10,000 dollar scholarship!

Yay! Congratulations!!

Neece

Specializes in Patient care tech.

Thank youu. You will finish way before me though but most importantly we are in🥰🥰🥰

On 11/1/2020 at 4:01 PM, Neece said:

Thank youu. You will finish way before me though but most importantly we are in🥰🥰🥰

Right haha. But I already have a 4-year Bachelor's degree so I can do the accelerated route. Maybe we will still have some classes together though!

Neece

Specializes in Patient care tech.

So which program did you get accepted too. I was accepted into the 4 year BSN but hopefully it doesn't take that long being I completed alot of the pre-requisites.